FlyingRhenquest

Howdy Everyone!

My name's Bruce! I did my first AFF jump on July 7 of this year, completed my A license jump a week ago and knocked out jump number 35 on Saturday! Yay, log books!

My home dropzone is Mile Hi, in Colorado. I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with skydiving yet, other than keep doing it. The wingsuit guys always seem to be having too much fun, though. I might give that a try... in 165 jumps or so.

I'm astounded by how far I've come in such a short time. I'm thoroughly sold on the AFF program for training new students. At the same time I watch some of the videos on this site and realize how far there is to go, too. I'm looking forward to the journey!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Oh, if anyone's interested, I have the video from my AFF 4 and 5 jumps from my instructor's gopro! That was quite a while ago now, but after the point where something clicked with me and I just stopped being afraid of the door.

AFF 4 jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QgG4hwKbH4&feature=g-upl You can still see me potato chipping with my forward motion once he lets me go. My arch has gotten a good bit better since then. No I'm not the hot lady in the black jumpsuit. Sorry :-P You can watch my instructor's minty fresh swoop landing though...

AFF 5 jump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHdsUICa7zY&feature=g-upl I did so well on the 4 jump that he let me go without assistance on the exit on the 5 jump. With comical results! I was unstable past their student 5 second rule, but I knew I had time and I knew I could get stable! I didn't really check in with him before jumping either, but it was hot that day and I was stampeeding off the plane!

That exit on the AFF 5 still makes me laugh. I don't think I could actually replicate it now. Best I can do is to ball up and do a cannonball out of the door, and even then, when I arch 5 seconds later and snap to stable flight, I'm still at 12K AGL.

I still fall pretty fast though. I was trying to fall slowly (Really dearched, with arms and legs stretched out) and was still doing 140 MPH on average, according to my neptune.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?