skidz

Newbie here, just did my first tandem

Had my first jump this weekend at Skydive35 south of Dallas. WOW. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. It was a 17,500ft tandem jump and it was incredible.

I unfortunately had the breathing issue that others have talked about on here which I wasn't expecting. It was like I couldn't breathe when I was facing downward...I had to turn my head to the side or cover my mouth with my hand to get a breath.....it felt a lot like being on the surface of a pool. I have the same problem on windy days..it's like my lungs are afraid to take in the air.

I also got a pretty nasty head-in-a-vice feeling from the pressure change on the way down. I felt like my head was in a vice when my tandem instructor opened the canopy...but once I did the hold nose & blow thing it felt much better.

My friend who jumped with me and I are both interested in taking classes and getting certified, probably at Skydive35 (the people there were great).

Kimda weird for me. Still a newbie w/over 400 jumps. Have on and off sinus issues. Ususally fine. Every once in a while and its unpredicaptble when - I cant hear at all for about 2 minutes after reaching the ground. Weird. Had checked out chronic sinusitis had surgery but still happens sometimes.

I had the same problem Saturday. My first tandem was from 18000ft and had to grab my nose and blow out my sinuses twice on the way with the same almost painful pressure. I too had sinusitus with surgury and didn't realize how clogged I was really was till we landed. However I'd take that pain any day for a ride like that again. Next time I might use some Nasonex or something to make sure all is clear. Congrats on your first jump as well.