cu71barry

Just had my first Skydive(3-11-12)

Hey everyone I recently had my first skydive. It was an eye opening experience and cant wait to jump again. This jump was taken after my AFP level 1 course. Here is my youtube link and I would love to hear some feedback to help my progression. Thanks for reading and letting me introduce myself and btw I used to weigh 320 pounds!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYRMzIPxyfQ&context=C4ea0c67ADvjVQa1PpcFOyzyR36us-4-mZyE6PEpRFvZP4Yxy7LVM=

I think the biggest congratulations are for the weight loss. If you keep the weight down, your entire life will surely be better all around.

You can’t get or be too critical about the first jump if things went reasonably well, and they did. Congratulations on both accounts.

Dan
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Clicky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYRMzIPxyfQ&context=C4ea0c67ADvjVQa1PpcFOyzyR36us-4-mZyE6PEpRFvZP4Yxy7LVM=

Hi Barry,
Nice yob. Two things, though: 1) You didn't look scared at all on the ride up. Students are supposed to look worried...VERY worried. Try & work on that, Mkay? 2) Don't land on your Butt bone! It's connected to your back bone. Bad things can happen that way. I'm sure they already told you. PLFs are your friends.

Congrats on dropping the weight. Welcome to the sport. Have Fun :)

Welcome. Congrats on the weight loss. That's a remarkable accomplishment.

BUT..

I would very strongly suggest against seeking advice on here. There will be good advice, bad advice that's meant well, and douchebags offering bad advice on purpose. And at this point, it will be difficult for you to know the difference.

In a sport where a mistake can have very serious consequences, taking advice from random strangers on the internet is a really bad idea.

Coming on here to share your expericence, boast about your triumphs and commiserate about your "less than stellar" momments is fine.
But taking advice from anyone other than the instructors who are working directly with you is not smart.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi Barry, Gratz on the 100lbs. I was up to 290 my self got that down to 185 and jumped my lvl 1 in Feb I am no skydiving expert only up through lvl 5 right now but Like you this is a great way to stay encouraged and keep them lbs from coming back. Gratz on living your dream my friend.
Enter Funny thought Here