andyvaughn

Finished my levels!

I finally finished my levels today! It only took 10 times to complete 7 levels, (my first 4 jumps were tandems, I was pretty horrified of the parachute for a bit there - had to do several tandems just to make sure I could make peace with that stretch of nylon). I had great instructors, who worked hard with helping me get past my fears and mind lock, and stuck with me even when my brain kept suggesting that there was no way in hell I could do this! I got to take my first true solo jump today, what amazing freedom to leave the plane by myself, do what I wanted, and have the knowledge that in just a few jumps I've been given the ability to save myself. That solo jump was sheer magic, did some flips, 360's, enjoyed the view of the ocean and islands, and assure you had a shit eating grin from 13.5 to sea level! I LOVE skydiving!
Andrea

Congrats! Now, get your A license! B|

I'm on my way to my A! 10 (or so) more jumps and I'm there! ;)
Andrea

Congratulations Andrea! If you think it's fun now, wait until you're licensed! :) In which case don't be a stranger if you ever make it down to Elsinore.

Congrats! Now, get your A license! B|

I'm on my way to my A! 10 (or so) more jumps and I'm there! ;)
Andrea

Congratulations Andrea! If you think it's fun now, wait until you're licensed! :) In which case don't be a stranger if you ever make it down to Elsinore.

I will Emily! I'd love to venture out of the nest one day soon, right now I'm feeling pretty cozy at my DZ - and still sort of clinging to my instructors tail feathers, but, gaining more confidence by the jump! I'd love to meet you in person and share some airspace ;) - and thanks for all your emails and encouragement along the way.