Thisguy

First skydive experience

Hi, I have read around on this board for a VERY long time thinking about going skydiving, and I finally went this past weekend with a friend. We had a very incredible time, unlike anything i have ever experienced. We had to wait out the weather for a bit, but the 15 or so other people who were there were working or hanging around the place were very friendly and cool to be around. Definitely a great time and I am ready to go again!

We went tandem, and I wasn't real nervous until we were around the altitude to get ready to jump out. The door being opened that high in the air scared me pretty good. I knew I wanted to go skydiving for a while, but now was go time and I thought I was nuts. When we climbed out I also felt that the wind was going to knock me off the step I was on and into the tail of the plane. But we finally jumped and it was the greatest thing I have ever experienced in my life. The free fall was an awesome feeling, and I cannot wait to go again...and hopefully again, and again, and so on at some point down the road. I now know why people would get hooked on the sport!!

Congrats on your jump.

Everybody's unique and the first one affects people in different ways. It's natural to be nervous, and that door opening at altitude gets nearly everyone - even those who've been looking cool as anything up to that point.

You were nervous before the jump, and happy during it - I'd say that's the right way round if you're going to continue in the sport! :)

Congrats on your jump.

Everybody's unique and the first one affects people in different ways. It's natural to be nervous, and that door opening at altitude gets nearly everyone - even those who've been looking cool as anything up to that point.

You were nervous before the jump, and happy during it - I'd say that's the right way round if you're going to continue in the sport! :)

+1
if your not nervous then you are either dead or clinically insane. its natural to be nervous so dont think you are unusual for being so. i get door jitters every time i jump.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."

Welcome to the forums! :) I'm glad you enjoyed your jump and hope you don't have to wait long to do it again!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Haha it would definitely not be cool to be called "That guy" somewhere down the road...

In reply to other questions, I am definitely ready to do it again, hopefully by the end of the month I will do another tandem. I really need to save up some money to do AFF or Static line to get licensed. It is definitely a big commitment and I don't want to do it half way.

Thank you all for your replies!