CyniQ

AFF Grad...

Passed my AFF7 today. I like a diving exit far more than a "poised" exit. I'm too tall to crouch under the wing of a C182!

I faked out my JM on exit though. I was getting situated in the door with my foot on the landing gear, she thought I was bobbing a "ready, set, go...". I gave her a nod, which I thought was indicating the start of my count, she thought I had already counted and was headed out... She jumped... I didn't... for a second anyway.:P

I caught up to her (or did she catch up to me?) about halfway through my second barrel roll. Then I had a Janet Jackson style wardrobe malfunction after my front loop. My jumpsuit zipper suddenly got acrophobia and dropped, completely opening my suit and causing my shirt to blow up to my chest strap, my stomach became quite cold and I started tucking (dearching) a bit which got me potato-chipping...

I was supposed to be tracking after the front loop but I chickened out at 5500 and pulled. I was COLD! :$ Seemed like a lot to be going on at 5500 and I didn't want to start trying to tuck my shirt in and zip back up at that altitude. :S

Fortunately, I had a really good track on my AFF6 so I was allowed to pass anyway.

Which means I'm on my way to becoming a real live skydiver!!! It also APPARENTLY means that I owe the DZ a case of beer? :o
Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possibles.

hey congrats on passing your lvl 7!

if im not mistaken lvl 8 will be your final jump with an instructor? until the couch jumps of course.

and yes after that jump you will owe the DZ a case(or 2 :P ) of beer!

have fun ;)

Hi, my names Jon, and I love to skydive.

Nope... unless I can't count. Lev7 was my last jump with an instructor. I've never heard of Lev8. But someone was talking about their "Cat D" on this board, and I've never heard of that either. Can someone explain??:S What skills would you be required to perform on your Lev8?

I've got my A license proficiency card, and looking at that I'll probably have to jump with a coach on a few of them in order to fulfill all requirements. But it looks like you could knock out several skills on one jump if you were so inclined. ie: "Plan & fly a landing approach pattern that promotes smooth traffic flow & avoids obstacles/Stand up landing/braked approach and landing/within 20 meters of preselected target..." Seems like you could easily perform all of those 4 individual skills on one jump. And that's not even counting the exit/freefall skills you could accomplish on that same jump. That's what I intend to do. ;)

Nope... unless I can't count. Lev7 was my last jump with an instructor. I've never heard of Lev8. But someone was talking about their "Cat D" on this board, and I've never heard of that either. Can someone explain??Crazy What skills would you be required to perform on your Lev8?

At my DZ there are levels 1-8(with JM) then 9-25(solo, hop n pop, coach, etc), but we dont actually get to jump out absolutely alone until level 9.

On my level 8 it was flip, barrel roll, 360 to dock, then tracking.

Have fun on your next jump!! Feels kinda lonely when theres no one around haha

and yes as a gear check, make sure your zipper is all the way up. i always do it when i put my goggles and helmet on right before jump altitute. ;)

Checking my zipper is definitely a good habit to form. I do it every time I leave the restroom... I'll have to try doing it every time I leave the aircraft. :P

The jumpsuit was a DZ loaner. Apparently, they had set it aside to be thrown out due to zipper issues. Somehow, I managed to pick the one jumpsuit considered unfit for duty and singled out for destruction... (of course I did... why wouldn't I?)

I don't know why I didn't have a Lev8... Sunday, when I jump, I'm going to flip, barrel roll, 360 to dock (with someone), and track... so I don't feel left out. ;)

So you've had 2 solo jumps Mitsu? How'd your's go? What'd you do when you had no specific skills you were required to perform?

haha maybe your dz does it differently?

on my very first solo, i have it written down in my log book so i cant tell you exactly off hand but ill do my best..

2 front flips out, barrel roll right, roll left, back flip, track, flip, then track some more then pull. but i will have to verify tomorrow.

it was fun!!!! although i should have practiced my stable exits so i can get ready for the coach jumps.

tracking is very fun! B|