nads755

Hi from PA

Hello to the forum. Im Gerry from PA. Just finished my AFF in Fl at Spacecenter. Great time and great instructors! My first love is motorcycle roadracing, but skydiving is quickly becoming numero uno!! Up to 15 jumps now, and although im still an FNG to the sport, i look forward to years of fun!! Blue skies, Airborne!!
-Gerry!!

Hi Gerry,

You list Kutztown as your home DZ, have you been out there yet? I'm one of the AFF instructors there and my husband is one of the Tandem instructors.

It's a great DZ, wonderful people, incredible DZOs... you're in great hands there (not that I'm biased or anything). There's another student on here too from Kutztown, his name is Alex and I don't remember his user name off-hand, hell of a nice guy. He's bad luck with weather though... if he's on the books to jump, it WILL rain :)
Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Hey Jen, me and you are supposed to be jumping tomorrow! Pray for no rain!! I did my initial AFF training on 4/20, it's been over a month now! Let's hope my luck changes this weekend...

Anyways, welcome to the forums Gerry, hope to see you at the DZ this weekend!
"...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Just for the record, for those who are reading this, Gerry did a kick-ass awesome coaching jump with me today. His instructors at Spaceland did a great job teaching him and I had a blast.... it's really sometimes a shame I get paid to do this. Gerry, I'd love to jump with you again!!!!!!

Thanks for the props. it was quite fun to jump from the C182!! Im getting ready to order some basic stuff, altimeter/ helmet/ goggles. Hope to be at the dropzone this Sun maybe for another 1 or 2!!! It was a pleasure jumping with you and look forward to more!!
-Gerry!!

I'll be there Sunday :)
I hope Ryan comes along with you too, I am so sorry that it didn't work out for him to jump. About 1/2 hr after he left, the winds died down and were perfect. That hurry up and wait part of skydiving is a PITA!

See ya soon!!!

Hi Gerry.. if you show up early, 830 am or so, we can bump a crapload of things off of your A license progression card.

- remember to look up cloud clearances
- I'll have to do a full gear check (including cypres use and show me how an RSL works)
- Teach you how to change out a closing loop (very easy)

That should get 4-5 things signed off on the card, so be prepared :)

Gerry, you left 1/2 hr too soon :P Right after you left, the winds died and clouds all went away. First rule of skydiving, you can't jump if you aren't at the DZ! :)
See you in a couple of weeks! Try to be there June 21 for the accuracy scrambles, should be a lot of fun!!!