jamiem

Hello with my new A license!

Hey everyone. I've done a little posting on here but had never introducted myself so here goes...

I did my first tandem on my 21st birthday with my family and I was instantly hooked! I then spend the next year and a half saving money and building up the courage to take AFF and about two months ago I did! My home DZ is Parachute Center in Lodi and I have been so impressed by everyone there.

I have 37 jumps now in the two months and I am sooooo addicted! I unfortunately work during the week so I guess I'm just a weekend warrior. But this past Tuesday i was able to learn how to pack my own chute which means I GOT MY A LICENSE! :) It has been one of the most rewarding things of my life.

I know people have lots of opinions about this because I still don't have a ton of jumps, but I just started learning how to sitfly. I have picked up skydiving fairly quickly and love challenging myself so I felt like now was a good time.

Well enough about me already! Nice to be here!

I started sit flying at about 60 jumps. Get some coaching, and as Skymama suggested, jump with experienced freeflyers and youll get some great pointers and be able to learn quicker. God luk and wecome to the forums.

_______________The only thing in life that doesnt take effort is failure________________

Thanks for all the good words! So far everyone at my dz has been very supportive of me trying to sitfly, and I've been trying to get the hang of it on my own and soon will do a coach jump with a really good freeflyer there. I'm just so anxious to try new things I have to remember sometimes taking it slow can be good too!

ya im with ya i cant wait to get my own gear so i can fly in more positions then belly down

I should have my own gear by the weekend and i plan on doing lots of real slow flips and practice control untell i can find someone who will help me learn more freeflying.

mostly what i hear is how everyone with over 200 jumps is just now starting to learn.
sheesh

that and adjusting my fall rate

A licence and 32 dives

luck and wisdom

Tony
Luck, wisdom, and clean air.