Cowboy1974

Dropping Fast In Oklahoma!!

Bought my 16 year daughter a skydive for her birthday. I went with her and we're both hooked! She has three jumps (2 AFF, and 1 tandem) and I have 2 AFF's. I'm 33 and wondering why I didn't try this sooner! She's working on her 25 jumps to get licensed. I'm a proud papa! Would love to chat with anyone. Happy Jumping.
Have You Hugged Your
Local Skydiver Today?

I too am a baby jumper as I have only been really jumping for the last 6-7 months, but have been around the sport for a couple of years. It is cold up here in the Inland NW and so our DZ is closed for the season - looks like it will be march before I am able to jump again :( - but I have really loved learning about this sport. Feel free to check out my myspace page..it has pics of my student jumps and then picture of the 2006 lost prairie boogie.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I have no jumps, and my wife has a bunch, but I can't wait to jump. I am 37 and I have the feeling that I will be just like you and try and figure out why I did not try it sooner.
Remember that expectant life span is an average, and most people are below average
--Garrison Keillor

Fortunately here in Oklahoma the DZ rarely closes. It's January 8th and the weather is supposed to push mid 50's today, up to 60's by Thursday. I think I would go nuts if the DZ was closed for an extended period of time. Do you go other places to jump?
Have You Hugged Your
Local Skydiver Today?

Bought my 16 year daughter a skydive for her birthday. I went with her and we're both hooked! She has three jumps (2 AFF, and 1 tandem) and I have 2 AFF's. I'm 33 and wondering why I didn't try this sooner! She's working on her 25 jumps to get licensed. I'm a proud papa! Would love to chat with anyone. Happy Jumping.

good for both of you!
they let 16 year olds jump in oklahoma? don't tell my daughter that, she has to wait until she's 18 up here in the northeast.

good for both of you!
they let 16 year olds jump in oklahoma? don't tell my daughter that, she has to wait until she's 18 up here in the northeast.

Only with Parental consent. But what can I say, she jumped at 11,000 feet twice before she could even drive herself to the DZ. Now that she has a drivers license I may never see her on the weekends.
Have You Hugged Your
Local Skydiver Today?

Only with Parental consent. But what can I say, she jumped at 11,000 feet twice before she could even drive herself to the DZ. Now that she has a drivers license I may never see her on the weekends.

you'll just have to join her then!

they won't let 16 year olds jump here even with parental consent. it makes me wonder what the age requirements are at various other dz's across the country.

Fortunately here in Oklahoma the DZ rarely closes. It's January 8th and the weather is supposed to push mid 50's today, up to 60's by Thursday. I think I would go nuts if the DZ was closed for an extended period of time. Do you go other places to jump?

We can jump in the Tri-Cities and did that over thanksgiving weekend and then you can go over to the coast and jump....but it is at least a 4-5 hour drive so you should have back up plans in case you get weathered out. Kind of diminishes the whole idea of going over for the weekend unless you know the weather will be good. Did a Florida trip in December. Part of the reason we are unable to jump is due to our schedule -
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!