AnnahM

Skydiving Noobie & Thrilled To Be Here!!

Hey guys! It's been a long time comin'! I finally made my first jump this past Saturday at Skydive San Marcos in Fentress, TX. The experience was as incredibly exciting as I had expected and I can't wait to go for my AFF Level 2 jump in two weeks!!!

I've been reading voraciously about skydiving and gear and am looking forward to putting together my own rig one of these days, but I'm starting with the small stuff for now.

I'm sure you've all seen more first-timer tandem jump videos than you care to, but here's mine if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Y94lH_EfA

What a great sport and fantastic bunch of people! I'm thrilled to be here!

~Annah

Skydiving is Awesome. Its insane the world that exists out there of the skydiving culture and life that you really only realize exists once you start AFF. Believe me the skies will never look the same from now on.

Blue Skies
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your first skydive! I'm waiting for your video to download now... B|

edited to add: that's a really nicely edited video. Do you know what the name of the main song is and who it's by? The one playing during the skydive?

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Thanks! I edited it myself with Premiere Pro, using the DVD from the DZ. My version still contains a couple of edits done by cameraman extraordinaire, Super Dave.

The first song is "Ridin' on the Wind" by Judas Priest. The second one is "High Speed Dirt" by Megadeth. If I could take an iPod with me when I go solo, I'd have to listen to those during freefall! Of course... I couldn't listen to much of them... lol!

Welcome to skydiving.

Oh god, you jumped at San Marcos?

Then you had to jump with those crazy fools who are good instructors and have a good time. What a trip, huh?:D

Those guys are great, I'm sure you'll have a good time and will continue to have a good time learning from those guys. Maybe this year we'll have a CPC meet there and we'll bump into each other. Otherwise, as I'm sure you'll find out, Texas skydiving is a relatively small community, especially in central Texas, you'll meet all kinds of people from all the different DZs.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."