pfloyd

Im new

Hello all, I am new to dz.com and to skydiving. ;) I did 2 tandem jumps and two aff jumps at Skydance skydiving in Davis. I was hooked on my first tandem. My next jump is this Sat and I cant wait, its all I think about. Why do others think I'm nuts? I think they are nuts for not trying it out at least once. Well thanks for reading my 1st post and I wish blue skies for you allB|
My drinking team has a skydiving problem

Hey Pfloyd:

Welcome. Yea everyone thinks I'm nuts tooB|. I was hooked on my first Tandem as well. Obviously cause I did 7 more tandems!

It seems that everyone new says the same thing...I'ts all I think about and talk about. I don't know why, but it's true!

Tomorrow morning I start a two day static line progression into free fall course!

Welcome and good luck on Saturday! Blue skies to you too.

Nichole

Edited to add: I noticed you are from Roseville also. I am jumping at the Parachute Center in Lodi though. Let me know how skydance is. We will probably cross paths soon. Do I know you? LOL
No Worries, You're Good!

Hey Paul,

Welcome to skydiving, Skydance, and dz.com.

I'll see ya at the dropzone some time, but I probably won't be there this weekend.

I made at least one jump every weekend for my first full summer in the sport, so you could say I'm pretty hooked.

Have fun, and listen to Perry, Keith, and the other great AFF instructors in Davis.

Hi Pfloyd sounds like yur havin a ballB|
I used to skydive many years ago (1982) ending
up with just under 300 jumps. I have recently started
flying again but in a windtunnel (boddyflight Bedford)
its a grat tool for learning to fly in a controled environment and like you i am hooked. Hope all
goes well and if you get the chance try out indoor flying not as a substitute but as an enhancement.

Blue Skies:)

Hi Brian,

Hope to see you out there sometime:)
So far I have jumped with Perry, Keith and Jim for AFF, they are so helpfull and fun to jump with.

I did my first 2 tandems with Dean and Kim, they also were very cool and I learned a lot from them.

Thank you all for being so friendly. One thing I have noticed in the sport, everyone is super friendly:)

Blue skies to all!

Hi pfloyd

Welcome to the forms and to skydiving. I jump at skydance too. Perry and Keith taught me to skydive as well they are really awesome instructors. I learned a lot from them. All the instructors out there are great. I hope to see you out at the DZ some time. I'll be at a boggie this weekend but, I'll probably be there next weekend:)
Fly like a girl

Hey Paul,
Welcome to the forums and to Davis. I've started going there more myself recently and really like it. Dean is an awesome dude -- glad he gave you a great tandem experience. I love seeing people sign up for AFF after doing a tandem. Welcome to the sport! I'm planning on spending the weekend at Davis (Sat/Sun), so I'll keep an eye out for ya. Enjoy your next AFF jump!

John
PS I love your sig line!

Did you say the "F" word???? (BEEEEEEEEEER)

Have fun, be safe, listen to your instructors, and last but not least, pay your Beer fines. I did, and now I have a bunch of new drunk friends:P:P.

Kevin

lol, the funny thing is that I usually bring a 12pack every time I go there anyway, but after I finish I am sure I should bring at least a case right?;)

I couldnt jump on saturday due to winds, but came back sunday for my Cat "C" , looks Ill be re-doing it since they didnt want to release me since I wasnt stable. But I had a good dive other than that and my landing pattern and landing were perfect. It was kewl seeing John there since I first talked to him on this forum - go John! We'll jump on the same load soon I'm sure;) Damn I love skydiving.--blue skies

It was awesome to see you putting in your hours of mandatory "AFF wait time" this weekend, Paul. Sorry that you ended up doing more slack line practice than skydiving (man, my legs are covered with cuts and bruises now!). Glad that you at least got one jump in. Hang in there -- you'll be done with AFF before you know it!

John

I couldnt jump on saturday due to winds, but came back sunday for my Cat "C" , looks Ill be re-doing it since they didnt want to release me since I wasnt stable. But I had a good dive other than that and my landing pattern and landing were perfect. It was kewl seeing John there since I first talked to him on this forum - go John! We'll jump on the same load soon I'm sure;) Damn I love skydiving.--blue skies