aegis

A jump 7 years in the making

Hi folks, gonna make my AFF1 (weather permitting) this coming weekend. It's been 7 years since I left the army back home in Singapore and did my static line jumps, after that it was a long period of being broke while in college, grad school and then super busy with work. It doesn't help that south east asia's like a desert for jumping as well. Anyways, here I am now working in the states and finally with a chance to get myself licensed. Having a little of the butterflies in the stomach now when I think of the view from the plane but I'm pretty sure I'm loads of fun over the weekend. ;)

I'll be jumping at Richmond, Indiana. 7 years is a long time but hey it's better late than never.

I can't seem to get my mind off this skydiving thing and have become adept at alt-tabbing to change my computer screen when I hear footsteps behind me... Hopefully my boss doesn't know I'm lurking in the forums or at some skydiving webbie all day long. :ph34r:

It could be due to the type of canopy, body position or pack style. Do you know what kind of canopy you are jumping? The best thing to do is talk it over with your instructor.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, the Javlin is the container that holds the canopy. Ask what kind of canopy you are jumping or look at the tag on it after you jump it and before giving it to the packer.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The entry for my logbook says Jav./Lazer, so I presume Lazer is the canopy? I initially assume it would be something like main/reserve. There's so many things to remember in AFF that I never asked what kind of chute I'm jumping in, I guess the next time I'll ask more about the canopy and pack job as well. Thanks for the heads up! :)