DaLowestBird

Finally made a return after four years.

Hey guys, I finally made a return to skydiving after a lapse of four years. I started AFF on (checking logbook) 1/21/02, and stopped jumping on my 38th jump 6/6/02 due to my financial situation at the time.

Anyhow, after aquiring a better job I got recertified 3/26/06 and after several failed attempts due to weather and wind I finally did two more jumps on Sunday 4/16.

I guess I'm writing this to see if there is anyone else out there that just recently started jumping at Deland that maybe I can progress with. Seems like Deland isn't as outgoing as it used to be (or maybe I'm just showing up on the wrong days) and I've been having trouble getting established again. Let me know.

Chad

PS...here's a picture from one of Sundays jumps if anyone cares, lol.
Convo between my friend and his ex...
Nick - "Chad talked me into skydiving."
Her - "I thought you didn't like extreme sports"
Nick - "Dating you WAS an extreme sport."

That's a nice sky blue canopy B|. I've got a sky blue reserve, but it came out on a cloudy day. I like to gamble and skydive, they're different kinds of excitement, but addictions to anything aren't usually a good thing. I took a 7 year break between my first two jumps mainly due to financial reasons as well. Have fun.

That's a nice sky blue canopy B|. I've got a sky blue reserve, but it came out on a cloudy day. I like to gamble and skydive, they're different kinds of excitement, but addictions to anything aren't usually a good thing. I took a 7 year break between my first two jumps mainly due to financial reasons as well. Have fun.

I think something is wrong with my camera (my mom was taking the picture) as that canopy actually had more of a green tint to it.

As far as gambling and skydiving goes...you're right, they're both exciting. But I couldn't handle the swings in my cash flow to continue gambling, and I was getting really bad, gambling every chance I could. Skydiving is way better :-D

Glad to know I'm not the only one with financial troubles when i was starting out!

It was really busy on Easter as well, both the skyvan and the super otter were running for a while. Then they brought the wonder otter out. I'm still itching to jump that new PAC 750XL though.

You're probably right though, Easter seemed to have brought out mostly teams. I think there were about one or two other fun jumpers out there and they were both freefliers.

I've certainly gotta practice my sitflying and hopefully sooner or later I'll be able to get head down. Last time I tried was an embarassment to myself! :-D

Gonna have to find Paxton for some pointers.

welcome back man glad your back and jumping again. I'm sure you will find a jump buddy soon, with easter out of the way:)
Places sometimes change, sometimes it just takes time to get in the swing of things again. Skymama can keep you straight on how to get back into it.

be safe and smile :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Thats the one thing that hasn't changed...I'm always smiling when I'm around the skydiving scene! ;)

Already after posting the first message I've had someone PM me about jumping sometime. Also Jim, one of the guys that picked me up out at the student field Sunday wants to jump with me, and another guy, Danny, wants to jump before he leaves in 30 days, so its not so bad. Andrea probably knows who I'm talking about.

I'd say the ratio I've noticed is probably 65/35 introvert to extrovert, and I'm sure that will change when people realize I'm not just passing through.

large or small dropzones are like that people don't really notice you till you put in a couple of appearances.I had a conversation with a manifestor she just said you see so many people pass through its hard to know who will be a regular jumper, i would suspect it's harder at a dz as big as Deland. Dz.com makes it a bit easier due to the diversity of the people in the online community some one will always be able to hook you up:)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun