rickyf430

New to Skydiving in Bristol, UK

(plug for another uni) or you could come to Leeds Uni and jump with us :)
When you apply for uni, check out if they have a skydiving club and what subsidies they offer / what kit they have. It makes a hell of a difference to the cost, we sub RAPs tickets and have 3 club rigs and it helps big time.

Whichever you choose - RAPs of AFF, good luck.
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

Since we're plugging unis... Bath Unis got some great people in it and some of them even jump! They go to Netheravon near Salisbury most of the time although some of them seem to prefer to jump abroad more...

Got to agree with one of the posts above though, Langar is a great DZ near Nottingham and the Nottingham club is really active there (witha few other unis). Plus some jumps are subsidised with Nott B|

I did have someone tell me not to drink with Leeds once but i'm sure it was just a viscous rumour...

On the AFFvs RAPS front, RAPS can be quick. I went down to Headcorn for my first RAPS jump in May 2004, three weekends (of perfect wether) later I had my A B| Ive heard people say its better if youre gonna train in the UK because you still get to jump when its cloudbase only (often). And of course RAPS trained jumpers are just generally much better...

If youre gonna do AFF, do it where the sun shines :P

Enjoy uni and your jumping

(Ok i really should be revising now...)

I'd better join in if were all plugging unis. Portsmouth is the place to be. We jump at Nethers too, it’s a great DZ. We have (I think) the cheapest jump tickets… only £10 for each RAPS jump! It makes the Bristol uni students so jealous. We’re off to Gap in France at the end of June (with Bristol uni aswell)… It’s gonna be so good!

But seriously uni is a great time to take up skydiving, especially if it is subsidised by your uni.

University of Portsmouth Skydive Club

yeah they 'tag along' on our trip.... sorry shameless plug for bristol uni - anyways obviously lots of unis in the UK that skydive!!! hope you are still interested in skydiving, i wouldn't pick your uni based on it, but if you want to go to a uni that also has a skydiving society it is the best way to begin an involvement with the sport!