valcore

New A License

Hey I just got my A this last weekend and for my 25 check dive I was able to make a 4 way which we pulled off 3 points before break off time. Just wanted to let everyone know that there is yet another new Skydiver here. :)

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Well right now I am working on my belly flying hopefully to get into some competition once I get a little better. Wish I had the 27th jump on video I don't know how it happened but we managed to turn 7 point in a 4 way out of the Casa. So I think for now I am sticking with belly flying.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

Hi valcore,

Well done getting your A-licence. Work as hard as you can to get a rig asap (unless you have one already). I made the mistake of getting quite un-current after i got my A-licence due to being poor (big "aaaahh" everyone please). If I'd been clever i would have got another job so i could get a rig and start enjoying the sport to the fullest.

Enjoy the forums and your newfound money-drain :)

I can guarantee one thing; you'll make some great life-long friends in this sport, it kicks ass.

Blue Skies,
tim x

Hey thanks, yes I have gotten my own gear already. Your going to laugh but I used the GI bill to pay for all of my skydiving (license, and gear) cool .

Wow,
I feel really dumb.
I used my GI Bill for College. Now I spend sunny days at the DZ wishing I had enough Cash for another jump, wondering how the Hell am I gonna pay for my first rig since my license is pretty much right around the corner.
I used my GI bill up in the late 80-s/early 90's. I'm glad to see that the new breed of Soldier has a MUCH Better Sense of Priorities!!!
Congrats! Blue Skies!
tcB|

Hey thanks, yes I have gotten my own gear already. Your going to laugh but I used the GI bill to pay for all of my skydiving (license, and gear) cool .

lol...I think that's pretty slick. Well, I'm trying to get a student loan and if i have left over, putting it toward skydiving so i can start training for the STP because my fulltime job does not cut it.
----------------------------------------------
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)

[email]

Wow,
I feel really dumb.
I used my GI Bill for College. Now I spend sunny days at the DZ wishing I had enough Cash for another jump, wondering how the Hell am I gonna pay for my first rig since my license is pretty much right around the corner.
tcB|

I don't think that's dumb...
you wanna know what's dumb? my first two years of college, i refused to get student loans. So instead, when i was a freshman in college, i applied for a ton of credit cards because they were giving away free goodies and i charged some of my tuition, books, expenses, etc and i haven't used it in more than two years and i'm still trying to pay it off....
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)