ehaecker

Hello everybody! I'm new.

B|
Hey everybody! I am new to skydiving, I took my first tandem jump on Sunday- WHAT A RUSH! I decided that I am going to continue with this. I had a friend tell my that this is the best place to read and learn all about skydiving, so here I am! I cannot wait to start AFF!
I am also an instrument-rated private pilot, currently working to get my commercial rating. I have been told that being a pilot will make some of the training for skydiving a little easier, because many of the regulations are the same (cloud clearances etc...) Either way, I am absolutely hooked, and cannot wait to start jumping more!!
--------------------------------------------------------
"Just follow your heart, that's what I do."
-Napolean Dynamite

Welcome Eric. I too fly aircraft (I hate saying I'm a pilot ;))
but once I found Skydiving I have some what lost the passion for powered flight.

"I am absolutely hooked, and cannot wait to start jumping more!! " That's what I said and never looked back.

Skymama is correct in saying that been a pilot helps out with your canopy skills while learning.

Good luck

Lozza.

Being a pilot definitely helps. You should be able to judge your flare point and landing point a lot better than the average joe off the street. You should also have a little more SA (Situation Awareness) when you're in freefall (i.e. what direction your heading, where the airfield is, etc., etc.). Have fun with AFF.

"I promise, I will never die."