aviator

1st jump under my belt!!!!

Hello all,
Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know I made my first jump on 10/2/2004. I did a static line jump from about 4000'. Absolutely the craziest thing I have ever done and I loved it. I did my jump at the Lexington airport in Missouri with 7 other friend and family members. Would like to know if anyone else has jumped at Lexington Memorial Airport. Well, gotta go but hope to visit with you all more.
Darren (aviator)
Privat pilot---Champ 83729
Home field---KCHT

Welcome to DZ.com.

:D B| :D

Raising not one but two to your first jump. Be prepared to be shocked from the some of the post you will stumble across here.

B|
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Didn't know whether I would find anyone here or not that jumped at that dz. Reason I asked is because we were all very upset with the professionlism of the guy on the radio talking us down. He was the owner of the place also. He was cracking jokes about the ladies that went with us taking to much time, screaming at everyone with our group over the radio and just really seemed to be a jerk. Maybe all 8 of us misinterpreted his actions and words but don't think so. Is this common for a radio person to act like this towards a group of people on their first jump?
Home field---KCHT

Hi Aviator! Welcome to the sport! :)
Thats great that you enjoyed your jump so much, despite your bad experience. I will tell you that he was NOT the norm in the skydiving world. Everyone that I have come in contact with has been very friendly and nice. At my DZ, they treat all the first-time jumpers very well. All the instructors are very nice, as well as the fellow jumpers.
Maybe he thought he was being funny, and didn't know it was upsetting anyone. In any case, if you want to continue in the sport, I would find a new DZ where you feel more comfortable.
If you thought your first S/L was great, just wait till your first freefall! :)
Enjoy!

Jeth B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I as well jumped with aviator for my first time at Lexington...I loved every second of it including when I landed in the bean field just across the runway:)...well I better get to bed so I can make it to class in the morning...talk to ya'll later

Derek Lee

Derek--That was one very pretty landing in that bean field tho. We watched it again last night so that Michelle and Mike L. could watch it. The more I watch it the more I want to go jump again.
Gotta go, work is calling
Home field---KCHT

Tom Dolphin is owner of DZ at lexiungton MO. I haven't jumped there since the early 80's..

I can't say I've ever heard him rude.. usually a nice guy.. maybe you misinterpited his jokes? Then again.. I've seen lot female student that are slow on climb outs...we used to start climb out bit early on some student to make up for it.. so we'd get good spot.. instead of long spot..