namgrunt

OLD X-MILITARY GRUMP

B|HI youall

I am 59 and wife is 49.since I am gravity challinged 260lb its a FAST fall for me. did 12 jumps in military the last in quan tri vietnam. wife wanted to jump soooo gave her a tandun. what a shock to see folks landing and not crunching as I remember.
wife on aff lev 4 with several re jmps and me level 1.
even though I slung off both instructers comeing down good pre jump instruction from a great instructer allowed me to stop a fast spin get stable landed sitting and loved it.however I feel that for me static lime is the way to come back from the dark ages .as with anything you really want to do stick with it ,hang in there, all you young kids realy motivate this old man.
the sonic boom you heard saturday over the farm was me hitting 160 belly down.
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

co-workers think we are nuts,children think its great.
fellow passengers were looking at me like what is this old fart doing. I kept a smile on my face and thought ,cant be as bad as last jump as least no one is shooting at us and we only have to worry about the trees not mine fields .this is no joke
i looked at my instructer and patted his knee and said relax its going to be ok ,he was stunned he said to outher instructer
"the student just told me to relax"
here is some advice fron this old grump to all you young folks

smile,slow down,live every moment like its your last ,love ,smile,and smell a rose.
pat a dog,hug the ones you love thank those that help,forgive those that do not. none of are getting out of here alive.do something kind to someone every day ,that may be the best thing for them in days/weeks
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Welcome (back?) to the skies! It's wonderful that your children are so supportive.

i looked at my instructer and patted his knee and said relax its going to be ok ,he was stunned he said to outher instructer
"the student just told me to relax"
here is some advice fron this old grump to all you young folks

I laughed when I read this. I bet your instructor had a great time with you.

smile,slow down,live every moment like its your last ,love ,smile,and smell a rose.
pat a dog,hug the ones you love thank those that help,forgive those that do not. none of are getting out of here alive.do something kind to someone every day ,that may be the best thing for them in days/weeks

What wonderful advice!

Welcome! I was a little younger than you when I started, but my brother-in-law was older. We have been welcomed at every dz we visit and treated the same as any other jumper. Learn well, be safe and enjoy the sport.

Blues,

Jim Adv Tm 46 68-69 Dien Khanh