Quasimodem

June 12th, Dudes and Dudettes!

Am I excited? You bet!

Am I scared? Not yet!

Am I gonna freeze? Hell no! I went and scoped out my DZ/airport today and I couldn't have been made to feel more welcome! Watched a video of the very gentle exit with the tandem-master and another first-timer, and left with a big ol' grin on my face.

Hey y'all! Please call me Quasi or Bill. (My real name is Wilhelm and I'm from Germany). I have lived in the deep South (Georgia) since 1960 and sound just like y'all do - no accent.:D

I'm thinkin' I would like to do this as a hobby, and will make my decision after my first jump. (Shoot, I'm 90% of the way there already!)

Anyway, do y'all have a FAQ for first-time "Kraut" Jumpers? I wanted to wear one of my GF's purple scarves on my arm, but didn't know if that would be allowed, and my group is closed right now. so I can't call 'em.

Also I guess I can't hold a sign that says "Ich liebe Dich" ("I love you"), right?

Anyway, this is gonna be a highlight of my life (I'm 54)! And I am so looking forward to it!

Guess Y'all have heard all this gushing a thousand times before, ja?

Anyway, I promise not to yell "Sieg Heil" on leaving the plane, nor will "The Ride of The Valkyries" be on my video. I have chosen "Fanfare for the Common Man" for free-fall, "Purple Haze" for chute-pop, and "Blood On the Risers" for landing.

Anyone got any suggestions for pre-flight?

Thanks, and I am very happy to be among the soaring crowd!

Q

shop around!

join us for the parties

check it out!

this weekend asc is having a big shindig it is in georgia www.ascskydiving.com

or check out the farm. a new dz to the area and it is an awsome place to skyive and have a good time with 55 acres of private property. www.skydivethefarm.com

also next weekend at skydive atlanta is there anniversary boogie one hell of a party i tell ya. www.skydiveatlanta.com

hope to see ya around.. welcome

Welcome to the forums! :)

I wanted to wear one of my GF's purple scarves on my arm, but didn't know if that would be allowed

If it is silk, you would need to find a way to tie it very tightly since a silk knot can come loose pretty easily, especially at those high winds.

Also I guess I can't hold a sign that says "Ich liebe Dich" ("I love you"), right?

Probably not, but you can mouth it to the video camera for your girl to see. :)

Anyone got any suggestions for pre-flight?

Relax!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Guess I wasn't too clear. I meant as a song for the video. (Unless you meant the song "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood, but that's about another subject entirely!

Ah, you should have kept that sentence in the same paragraph then. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon