didone

Yet another newbie

Hi there,

I just finished my AFF course one month ago and it was really amazing. I did other jumps (actually since then I am at the DZ every weekend!) and I'm almost dumb: I can't stop thinking everyday about my next jump.

Every time at the door I feel a strange mix of fear and excitement, and the adrenaline rushing and on my veins: will the emotions fade away with more experience?

best,
Diego

Welcome to the forums! :)

Every time at the door I feel a strange mix of fear and excitement, and the adrenaline rushing and on my veins: will the emotions fade away with more experience?

Well, it still happens to me after 300 jumps, but that's one of the best things about the sport!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

the only pretence in this statement is my limited experience. because i'm praying for the day that i don't feel the butterfiles before i go up. everytime it's a near panic-moment. thank god for mediation. or whatever...
You'll lose speed, but keep altitude. It will look like you have a choice, speed or height, but either way you're still gonna nose-dive into the ground.
-Chuck Palahniuk

After 26 years in the sport, I still always respect the possibilities of what can happen when I go out the door, but every jump is still exciting for me, and although I have slowed down this year due to other committments, I look forward to hitting 4,000 in a couple of years.

Enjoy yourself!
_
Mike Turoff
Instructor Examiner, USPA
Co-author of Parachuting, The Skydiver's Handbook

I love the feeling of the door opening. The fear mixed with excitement is one of the best feelings i have ever experienced. I hope it doesnt go!

------------------------------------------------------
"Ive given up on sigs cos I make a mess of them!"
------------------------------------------------------

I don't think that the excitement goes away, but if the butterflies are nerve induced that will go away.

There are so many things that can happen once you get out of the plane that you always have to be mindful of what is going on around you, but it is not worry as much as just trying to be ready I think.

Welcome and blue skies...

hey I have a friend, Pete, in London that skydives if you see him say hi for me.

Bill

have fun, love life, be nice to the humans

hey I have a friend, Pete, in London that skydives if you see him say hi for me.

Will do, but for the time being I stick to Pull Out Ravenna (any friends there?) where I did the AFF. When I'll be more experienced (only 17 jumps now) I will eventually approach other DZs here in the UK.

Cheers,
Diego