Jonathan-rasch

Windtunnel training for beginner

hi
i just finished my aff recently,i dont even have my A license yet so i am newbie in skydiving. i found out that there is a windtunnel near to where i go in my summer holidays (germany , bottrop ). i heard many people talk about how great windtunnels are for training. i was thinking that i maby could improve my technique a lot.
the price for flying 10 minutes in a windtunnel with an instructor is quite high so i wanted to ask if it is worth it ? it costs 170 for 10 minutes, it is a lot less than i would have to pay to get the same amount of time when i would jump normaly, but in a wind tunnel i dont think that i would get this amazing adrenaline rush which is one of the reasons why i do skydiving.so basicly what i am asking is: is it worth it for a beginner like me to go training in a windtunnel ?

i am looking forward to ur responses ! thx ! :)

Yes. Simple enough?

Seriously though, it depends on your needs. Do you want to be good technically or just jump for fun? Of course being good technically can increase the fun of the jump.

The tunnel is not the rush jumping is, but it will help you improve a lot quicker. Again, this comes back to your needs.
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see."

-Benjamin Franklin

I think it's absolutely worth it. I did a couple hours in the tunnel at about 30 jumps and when I went back to jumping it was an amazing improvement. The sky is very forgiving and you can be moving around a lot and not even know it, but in the tunnel it'll be obvious. It's not skydiving, but it will broaden the range of your abiities when you do jump again and really help you in jumping with others. Just keep in mind that it won't help with tracking or landings...

Also, from what I've heard Bottrop is one of the better tunnels and worth the money. Not all tunnels are created equal.

If you have any interest in freeflying, Bottrop attracts some excellent freeflyers. If you do decide to fly there it would be worth allowing extra time for watching. You can't guarantee who'll be flying but if you're lucky you'll get a chance to watch some amazing flying.
Anne