freakyflygirl

Starting AFF....again!!!!!!

Hey All !!!!! I've made a whole 13 posts here in the forums and still never officially said hello to everyone.
I'm still a student, but hopefully not for much longer. After breaking my ankle a little over a year ago (on AFF 7) I'm finally going to restart my AFF. I'm so excited!!!! But also VERY nervous!! :S
Anyways, I'm glad to be getting back in the sky!!!

Wecome back - I assuming you injured yourself on landing. That's a tough break ;-)

More serously when I did my ankle in I knew that if I left it a while I might lose confidence - so I was back in the air within a week - with a fair bit of strapping and painkillers - doesn't hurt much on landing but hurts like helling when I'm kneelign on the climb to altitude.
----------
Ben G
Still Sinking :-(

Yup, it was the landing that got me:S.

I spent all last summer watching friends jump and students getting their licenses, including my husband. On one hand I found it very irritating that I was stuck on the ground just watching. But on the other hand staying on the ground gave me a chance to learn so much from the experienced jumpers. However I do have to say my confidence is pretty low right now as far as landings go (my landings were never really what you would call spectacular :S). My DZO suggested doing another tandem before restarting my AFF again, to get acclamated to the sky......Any comments??????
I think I'll follow his advice but I was kinda curious to what any of you thought.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!

welcome back to the sport.
Now remember I'm not an expert in any way, but I would say do the tandem before you restart. I've never done a tandem, but after I stopped jumping for a few months, then restarted, it was like my first jump all over again.

So if you have the cash, do the tandem, you'll get acclimitized back to the sky, and you will also get a little landing confidence back.

MB 3528, RB 1182