sonicboy

Retro-fitting MDV on a Troll DW

Hi there!

Another thread about MDV or not... but since it's more and more in my mind, here it is....

I am now jumping a Troll DW 245 with no MDV (manufactured in october 2005).

That choice was made following advice from swiss/european friends, and although i do not have that many jumps, i am very happy with it. Basically jumping from 350ft HH or terminal, i have not had any worries.

But reading this forum, i am getting the impression the general consensus over the pond is MDV brings serious advantages, either when jumping low stuff, or when needing better inflation (low pulls maybe, but especially in case of cliff hit...).

Tom mentionned he had his Troll retrofitted with MDV (that was long ago from what i gathered), and Robi recently advised someone to buy the MDV version 'without hesitating'.

Therefore my question... : is it still technically possible to retrofit a Troll DW with MDVs ? is it advisable, what are the issues ? has someone done that recently ?

Thanks for your inputs!
david

anything is possible, I believe so, but contacting the manufactures would be best...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

yes, i did that through the online contact form on Atair's website. Wanted to get some feedbacks from users too, that is...

I had my 245 retrofitted with mdv, all my jump is all low one, if you can have one with mdv for low stuff and one without valve for terminal base, the mdv well open lot faster and harder, just a low time base jumpers opinion.
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."

the mdv will open a lot faster and harder

to what extent can this be addressed by packing techniques ...rolling the nose, using a small mesh slider etc....?

Not sure about the Troll specifically, but it's fairly easy to slow down the openings on a vtec Fox or Blackjack with large mesh at terminal.
A waddling elephant seal is the cutest thing in the entire world.
-TJ

for terminal jump yes rolling the nose and small mesh slider, I don't like to roll the nose but use a small mesh slider and smaller PC 32 well help My first terminal jumps I used a 36 in case need to open faster.
my troll opening is nice but some (1 of 10 or 20 or less) jumps i get hard opening, compare to skydiving canopy all base canopy open harder or I'm just getting old .
you live in Switzerland so just go to honer hotel there is many experienced base jumper there you can ask how they pack there canopy.
"A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones ..."