Dan_Lotz

Europe & Swiss local question

I am currently planning a 2 month europe backpacking trip in july and august i will be in St Petersburg, Moscow, Prauge, Budapest, italy and Switzerland. My question is for anyone that has done a similar trip or have jumped swiss valley before, Currently i am trying to find the best town to stay that close to the exit points and has enough stuff to do in the town to keep my girlfriend happy as she does not base jump. I will be spending 6 days or so and am fairly mobile any information is appreciated Thanks in advance!

Dan
"He wants to make sure God wants him to live. So he spends a lot of time asking. He brings himself close to the edge.. If God wants to take him, all he needs to do is blow." Dave Eggers

If you stay in Lauterbrunnen you literally stay right below the exit points. The Horner Pub is where most jumpers stay and it's affordable as well. There's are also two campsites which are cool as well, especially since you come in the middle of summer. For your girlfriend it is only a 10 minute train ride away to Interlaken, which is basically the outdoor capital of Europe. Plenty to do for her as well overthere.

Hope this helps.

J.

www.vandrunen.ch

There is also at least one Hostel in Lauterbrunnen if you are worried about costs.
Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid,
the vast limits of their knowledge. - Mark Twain

There is also at least one Hostel in Lauterbrunnen if you are worried about costs.

Chalet Im Rohr

Also keep in mind, the jumps there are advanced jumps...

...Interlaken, which is basically the outdoor capital of Europe...

I'm sure you wanted to say "Interlaken, which is basically the outdoor-tourist-ride capital of Europe" :P

Also keep in mind, the jumps there are advanced jumps...

Yes, and as the past has shown, it can't be said often enough...