annibal

Tao and the Art of Jumping Off Cliffs

A few days ago, there was a discussion on another forum (video game - www.hitechcreations.com) about 'the suicidal tendencies' of skydivers and base jumpers. I tried to answer as best as I could but your essay is so much better that I'd like to post it over there.

Are you ok with it?

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

Sure, that would be fine. Pff, suicidal tendancies. If you guys wanted to commit suicide with your jumping you would be failing quite badly at it.

I blame it on having Calvin as an older sibling. ;)

If nothing else you have my sympathy :P.

ha ha ha...

ha,
>:(:P

Dear lord, I read some of the replies...and those people really piss me off! They pretend to know why people do things...it's just so ridiculous. I don't BASE jump, but I can understand why people do. Adrenalin junkies? Sure, maybe there are some BASE jumpers that are that. But I've never met one. Perhaps I don't have any more right to say why people BASE jump than those at that forum, as I have never truly experienced it...but at least I'm attempting to understand it. Argh, I hate people. They suck soooo badly. Now I'm in a pissy mood. Must go to Moab and replenish my love of the world! Yay for FRASCA.

Yeah, there are some lame characters on that forum... To bring back a smile on your face, just remember that they are grown-up men pretending to be fighter pilots on their computer (I did it too and it's quite fun actually but I learned quickly to hide this hobby like a shameful disease...).

This being said, there are some very cool people over there too...

All your dropzone are belong to us!!!!111!

How old are you, I think I'm in love. :D

She is 20. and i have a full list of brother questions preped, you need tp answer every one correctly. my approval only.

>:(

of course, sister knows i dont do anything.
so, yeah, go nuts.B|:S;);)

Brother, you got my age wrong. Now I'm soooo offended! Well, I think I'd be more offended if you didn't still think the bit was 12...brother, life would be that much entertaining...er if you were all protective and shit. I can see it now..."you can't date my sister unless you've got the balls to jump off this trampoline, 80 feet in the air. Oh, ignore those rocks--the ropes usually catch us before we hit them."

B| Yeah, I wanted to make an account there just so i could say that BASE jumping was less destructive than sitting on your ass all day, every day playing mind numbing video games that microwave your brain into oatmeal (without any brown sugar. Yuck). But then I realised that many of them can only pretend to fly while their eyes glazed from a glowing computer screen. Poor them. :ph34r: