flydive

Internation Cellphone based in the US?

I'm tired of paying a monthly (with a now 2-yr contract) fee for a U.S. cellphone, only to jump in other countries where I have to use my secondary Sim-card cell phone and constantly buy new sim cards that have expired since the last time I was there. This wastes the domestic cellphone that I'm paying for, and costs money to keep buying sim cards. Does anybody have a viable solution for having one cellphone (primarily US) but has adequate international coverage for the countries basejumpers like to frequent? I've heard airline pilots like to use AT&T for such purposes, but that is so far just heresay... what are jumpers using out there?

Richard

well we(europe) usaly can use our phones all over the world using roaming meaning our phonecompagny has an agreement whith other countryes inkluding the states.. the modern states probaly use same tecniqe right:P

we ofcourse pay more for this service as were outside our own country but it works..

Not much help i guess just confirming that its out there and is well used outside the states;)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Do a quick search in this forum, this topic has been talked about before.

I use T-Mobile here in the US and my phone roams seamlessly to most other countries. Of course, when I'm in those other countries, my phone usage doesn't draw from my regular bucket of minutes. I pay a per-minute charge. Switzerland, Italy, France, and Norway are US$.99 per minute, but other countries, such as Russia, can be as high as US$4.99.

It's time now! My time now! Give me mine. Give me my wings! - MJK