KrisFlyZ

Just assembled my main..Questions.

I just received my main today. Our DZ rigger had already installed the cypress and packed my reserve.

I started putting together the remaining parts together around 7:10 PM(10:10 PM now) and finished putting the main on the risers(slinks) and attaching the D-bag and PC to the main.

The fun part of attempting to pack this thing into my main still remains. I will do that after a dinner break.

The question is(on a Mirage G4), when the D-Bag is attached to the PC bridle, the Rapide link does the job of pulling the D-bag away from the main after the lines have unstowed and the PC continues to yank on the D-bag. Correct?

I made sure that the kill line passes between the the two Kevlar(yellow) thingies. See image. Is this correct?

I will not jump it until my rigger looks at it and gives his blessing. So what do you think? Did I get it right?

Kris.

Not enough information to tell if you got it right.

The link should pass through loops on both sides of the bridle. The picture shows it going through at least one, but it's not possible to tell if it goes through the one on the other side.

Mark

That's what I used to assemble it and it passes thru both loops and I had it checked out by my rigger.

I gave up trying to pack the main after 4 hours of effort. :(

*giggle* you boys and trying to muscle new mains into d-bags......it's all about finess :)

If you do a search, I wrote up a great post with pics on how to pack a new main. Tons of little chick tricks, small hands = cheat where you can.
Fly it like you stole it!

*giggle* you boys and trying to muscle new mains into d-bags......it's all about finess :)

If you do a search, I wrote up a great post with pics on how to pack a new main. Tons of little chick tricks, small hands = cheat where you can.

Skycat,

I've searched and searched and I can't find this post. Would you mind finding it and giving us a clicky?

Thanks,

Spencer

"Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."