ClifHuckstable

Jumping for disabled children - how to help

Next year, go for maximum number of jumps total in 24 hours by as many jumpers as possible. Like a 24 hour Bridge Day. Can the jump community do 1000 jumps off the Perrine in 24 hours?

Just a thought...

Instead of an El Cap protest jump, how about an El Cap charity jump?

rl

That,i like![:)
as long as the NPS doesn't pledge $2k for each person that makes a successful jumpB|.
F'k 'em I like it anyway.
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

Miles' record thingy is raising money for disabled children.

-Where's the money going specifically?

'for disabled children' is very broad.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

It's a local charity founded by Miles wife. All the money is administered through the Magic Valley Regional Medical Center foundation. The other co-founder (along with Nikki Daisher) is a local pediatrician. My wife is also a doctor who sees a lot of disabled patients (including children) in Twin Falls, and I can say with certainty that the charity is totally legitimate.

I personally think this is a great way to give to charity here because;

(a) It's targeted very efficiently,
(b) The money stays local,
(c) The charity gives notice by it's name that this is a way that BASE jumpers (mostly Miles, but maybe in future that can be expanded) are giving back to the local community. That's great PR for BASE in Twin Falls.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Miles never expected any support from this place anyway because of people like you who tear him down all the time.

Don't confuse one or two persons with an entire group.

I've met Miles on a few occasions now and like him a lot. He's a genuinely upbeat, funny likable guy who I can tell has a good heart. That's the most important thing to me.

Any "negativity" from me toward anyone has always been in relation to actions... not the person... with one or two very notable exceptions. If someone does something that I think is harmful to others or the sport, I'm going to speak up about it. But I don't really hold that against the person unless it's a consistent pattern of selfish, disrespectful behavior.

I don't see that in Miles. I do in others.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

It's a local charity founded by Miles wife. All the money is administered through the Magic Valley Regional Medical Center foundation. The other co-founder (along with Nikki Daisher) is a local pediatrician. My wife is also a doctor who sees a lot of disabled patients (including children) in Twin Falls, and I can say with certainty that the charity is totally legitimate.

(c) The charity gives notice by it's name that this is a way that BASE jumpers (mostly Miles, but maybe in future that can be expanded) are giving back to the local community. That's great PR for BASE in Twin Falls.

That's cool. I was curious 'which' disabled kids were going to benefit...national organization, a local birth-to-three center, local hospital, that kind of stuff. ;)

I'd love to put something together for local kiddos over here, but I don't have any real fund-raising methods other than my business...and most people are looking to donate to Katrina victims right now.

I think after the Katrina business settles down a bit, I might link my own website with a special passcode, so profit from all purchases bought with that code will go to a local birth-to-three center, or Cure Autism Now, or Univ. of Wa research. Something like that.

Nice to see that people can use their personal strengths to better others with special needs.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I know you asked the question already but...is this specific "disabled children" program going to be ongoing, like open for donations in December/ January?

I searched the Magic Valley Regional Medical Center Foundation but couldnt find anything specifically about disabled children, only at-risk kids and Im interested to hear more about the charity and what exactly it entails.

Of course I could call the number which Ill probably do but I just want to know if its a sustainable charity.

Thanks ahead of time for any replies

I know you asked the question already but...is this specific "disabled children" program going to be ongoing, like open for donations in December/ January?

I hope so. But I don't have specific information on that right now. I'll try to check ASAP and post back whatever I find out.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com