LivingLegend

Insurance/Medivac and 3rd Party damage

How does it work in the mad world of BASE ?
Can you get any cover for medivac/3rd party damage ?

1.618 !

The search function (find it in the upper and lower right corners of the forum screens) is very helpful. :)
It found me this thread. The jumper in question in this thread obtained insurance, and happened to need, and use it. If you need specifics, you might try asking Jimmy.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I have been looking into this (medical only) for bridge day; I emailed Speciality Risk (the insurer discussed in Tom's search link) today to confirm that they still covered BASE - this is what they said:

"Base jumping is not an excluded activity on our policy, as long as it is a legal activity. We recommend purchasing the hazardous sports rider for base jumping, as it is a form of parachuting and without this rider there may be grounds to deny your claim. Therefore, if you purchase the rider and are covered for parachuting then you would also be covered for base jumping. Please note, this is assuming no other exclusion listed in the brochure applies. For example, organized competitions are excluded on the is policy."

I double checked that the "organised" part of BD didn't nullify the policy and they said as long as its not a competition, its OK.

The quote I got today for Bridge Day (12th through 17th) is $23; this covers $1000000 medical coverage with a $500 excess.

Hope that helps

Ivan
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent