Bowie

Merlin BASE container

Hi anybody have a opinion of the Merlin container.
I am considering to buy a new rig but cant figure out what container to buy. I think the the canopy will be a flick 266 vtec.
I heard the wingsuit designed containers haven't the effect that they are designed for when using that size of canopy??
besides the merlin i am considering vertex2

Bo
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

No i live in Denmark and the highest point is 412 ft 125 m so i am also going to jump slider down.
But i live only 8 hours from Kjerag (I think this location is accepted to mention here) and Wingsuit is my goal haven't jumped WS BASE yet.
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

For a "mostly slider down with wingsuit potential" 2 pin rig, out of those 2, I'd probably go with the Vertex. It's more "standard" in packing and closure, as well as in shape, so I think it would be easier to get started with, as well as more convenient when jumping at home.

Are you looking at used containers? I'm just curious why you've settled on 2 older models of Apex container, but aren't interested in their newer 2 pin (I think it's called the DP)?

Given a wider choice of containers, for your needs, I'd personally probably go with a Gargoyle.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

No i am buying all new the vertex 2 is one of the newer models as far as i know.

I Have heard nothing but good about Flick and buying a gargoyle will be much more expensive when not buying a canopy the same place.
Or have i heard that one wrong..
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

Ah, I understand.

Yes, buying a mixed set of gear from multiple manufacturers may increase your cost.

You might try contacting Apex and asking them to compare their various containers for your needs. Since you're already committed to buying new from them, they'd have no particular need to sell you any one container over another.

I've seen several DP's out here, and I know the DP is a newer model than the Vertex 2.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Cant find any info for the PD. But on your advise i am surfing morpheus homepage right now.
;)
Bo Wienberg

vimeo.com/bowienberg

hey dude,

i had similar requirements to you. after much research i ended up going for a Gargoyle with some WS options (dynamic corners, soft yoke, streamlined riser covers and bridle pouch)

i've recently put my first 30 jumps on the container and it is awesome! i bought it with a Troll DW, which also rocks.

dougs prefers his troll to his old flick.