truckerbase

The End of the Road

The sad day has arrived..."where the sidewalk ends".
In one week I will be rejoining the Norcal crew (hide yer women and yer objects) due to my picking up a salaried local 9-5 position and will be coming off the road for now. Knowing me Ill likely be back reasonably soon :S, but for now a change of pace. For those of you who actually know me this is "breaking back against the wave, heading out for a new wave before the old wave hits the beach".

To all the crews Ive jumped with on the road, and to all the solo backroad jumpers Ive run into; Thank you Very, vEry, veRy, verY, VERY, (very) much for the access to objects and good people in the past 6 years. Your hospitality has been legend. You constitute the non ego, non commercial, base jumping brotherhood who jump for the jump, and for nothing else. Thank You :)
Allow me to return the favor. For the time that I actually am a local Norcal 9-5 'er, if you ever find yourself in my area for any reason, BASE or non base, my house is your house. Guide, place to crash, beer...you know where to go, and full access is yours. Dont be a stranger. My phone and email will remain the same.

You guys are the best; So long, farewell and goodbye. (insert Sally Fields Oscar acceptance speech here :P )

Dennis

Dennis,

I always thought, even before I met you, the way you integrated a paycheck and BASE a classic design in the work/play dilemma . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Dennis,

I always thought, even before I met you, the way you integrated a paycheck and BASE a classic design in the work/play dilemma . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Nick,

I always thought, even before I met YOU, the way you integrated common sense, clear thinking, historical perspective, and great humility a classic design for the penultimate BASE leader. A model which is exactly lacking in those current leaders who so elect themselves to this position.

Nick for President!!! All hail Nick!!!

Damn Trucker....I was just wondering when you gonna roll thru the ATL? Bax and I are stalking that pretty looking one downtown we did with you. Great having you roll thru...don't be a stranger. Hope to get to your neck off the woods sooner or later.

So Sad [:/]. I never got to do the pretty looker naked. Probably for the best considering the complicated logistics of figuring out how to climb that pipe to the exit without being "behind" :D anyone else. At least it spares poor molly my naked-ity. :$

Grab baxter and come through Norcal. I promise you Mecca. I promise you legendary hospitality, brothers.

Ill be using free airline tickets to still travel so dont discount my presence yet in ATL.

Cya man.

PS. please ask Davidek to pay his engine shipping bill before I get pissed off. Thanks. >:(

TB-

I'm looking forward to those next waves!!!;)

Chase the fun.

Baxter.

Glad we at least got to make one jump together before you hunkered down to the left coast. Sorry i haven't sent you that video yet... took a bit of a vaca to FL. Does this mean you have a new address i should send it to?

Have fun in Cali!

-Brandy

Same address, pretty girl. Ive just got to shake the mothballs out. Look at the bright side. Youll be spared my involvement with the naked jump off the "coke bottle" in Ga. Dont be a stranger, If you hit Norcal, you now have another crash pad. Thank you again SO much for the video. Youre a doll ;)

Dennis

Yo Trucker,
Glad we made that jump last week then. Can't believe you're settling down. What's his name?:P

We still have one thing left for you to tryB|

Peace
Mike

May we live long and die out

What's his name?:P

Peace
Mike

:|

Jolly Green (the Giant)

Thanks for your attendance record on every pass through,mike, thanks for the tour of the gun museum, thanks for the Baboons, the naked girl photos, the beer, and lets not forget the trips to NC strip clubs where not one single girl got naked :P (what the hell was that? A bathing suit contest?)

My door is open to you sir, in Norcal.