gus

Wind conditions at the Italian terminal wall

I've only been to the Italian terminal wall once but had Uncle Charlie there to spread some wisdom on the local conditions. It seems that first thing and last thing are the best times of day to be jumping (no suprises there really) and that the wind will get channeled through the valley left to right, or right to left. UC talked about the fact that for quite a while (under canopy or during a ws flight) you're inside the bowl but once you leave it you can hit some quite funky turbulence.
I'm going back in a week or so, does anyone else have any more good advice to pass on about the conditions? Little pointers to help me spot potential problems?

Thanks,

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

does anyone else have any more good advice to pass on about the conditions? Little pointers to help me spot potential problems?

When in doubt don't jump! ;) The turbs in the bowl can blow a wingsuit around like a leaf in the wind.

Normal wind pattern is L>R then R>L with the inversion in the early afternoon. Use the trees in the bowl, WDIs, the surface of the lake, the flight of the birds and the flag in the LZ to gauge the winds.

If you ask the girls at the bar nicely they will give you their number and you can phone them from the exit for the LZ wind :)
PM me your dates again please. You and Ronny are both wingin it reet?

J
BASEstore.it

I managed to post this in the wrong forum somehow (muppet), can someone move it in to the BASE forum please?

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

You and Ronny are both wingin it reet?

And the Professor. I wish I could be there to smell the fear... :-)
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

When Uncle Charlie walks up there are some turbulences due to his fast walking style. And when he speaks very fast at the exit, again, this might increase the turbulences in the bowl.

You always have to wait one hour before the infamous "Uncle Charlie"-Twister settles down...

Keep also a special eye to the altitude winds, especially the ones from SW or NE.