87SupraT

Bridge in South-West Texas

I didn't want to use the name of the bridge incase of violating the rules. It stands about 265 feet. I was wondering if many people have jumped it, or know about it? Thanks.

Dale
~Dale

Been there, done that, actually the one that´s further upstream. Lots of federals around there looking for smugglers. Not many ways out.
Have fun,
take care,
space

I had a little run in there, 1/1/00. I was able to meet the nice folk with the RR police, Border Patrol, Highway Patrol, Texas Rangers, Park Rangers, and of course the Sheriff. Apparently Y2K up'ed the security level. However the "sloppy joes" at the Del Rio jail are the best I ever had;)

However the "sloppy joes" at the Del Rio jail are the best I ever had

Sloppy Joes and jail are two things I don't want to see in the same sentence!

Being is jail is disgusting enough, I don't need any more DNA on me!

'sloppy joes' NOT 'dirty sanchez' BIG difference! That was our breakfast, lunch, and dinner

I call that bridge "Burrito Bridge". Within full sight of a ranger station/trailer with the nicest landing area in Base. Do it at night or go upstream to the 300 footer. Currently the whole valley is flooded.

These bridges are very actively monitored by the National Park Service and the other federal agencies. One of these bridges is extremely critical to the infrastructure of the southwest. Moreover, border control is extremely active in this area, with night vision and other equipment. They are looking for the smuggling of Mexicans, terrorists, and drugs. I visited the area recently and am I convinced anyone who would attempt to jump there would soon be in handcuffs.
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

Hey Cleatus, good to see ya online.

IIRC, Cleatus did his thing at night, and still had 6 state, local & federal agencies swooping down within a very short period of time.

The objects are very, very hot.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

They should open that bridge up for legal BASE between sunset and sunrise. Wouldn't they like some americans "patrolling" all night? Hell, we've already got radios, they could give us our own channel to report anything "suspiceous";)
~J
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

They should open that bridge up for legal BASE between sunset and sunrise. Wouldn't they like some americans "patrolling" all night? Hell, we've already got radios, they could give us our own channel to report anything "suspiceous";)
~J

Yeeaaahhhhh that's it. We can say we're volunteers with the Minuteman Project.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

See, Toldya! It was my first span in '89, Also some well publicized train jumps were made there from some of the cornerstones of the BASE. There could be a cliff there if you have a boat...
take care,
space

Someone must have their bridges mixed up. Ive been through here 15 times. Yes there is a ranger station/trailer home at the boat ramp. Yes the border patrol drives up and down scanning the area. Neither bridge is under 24/7. No one bothered me off of either bridge, plus the san marcos crew went off it a few years ago as well. Federal agents do look like goats, but you know about the goats in the valley, right? You do know this is nowhere near Houston?

Wow more people have actually come down this far than I thought. I was born and raised there, not much of an exciting town. So you got to stay at good ol Wackin Hut! I was just wondering, cause everytime I pass over it I can imagine jujmping from it, but only in my dreams for now :)
edit for location ~TA
~Dale