NickDG

Rockclimbing.com . . .

Every few months I check in at rockclimbing.com and type "BASE jumping" into their search page. It's interesting to me what people outside the sport perceive about BASE and as I've tracked this website for a few years I've noticed some changes.

Climbers as a group are very aware of BASE jumpers. They encounter them in the field and climbing magazines frequently run stories on BASE. At first, years ago, they weren't too knowledgeable about what we do, but I notice a change in that now.

Due to the spread of BASE knowledge they, most of them anyway, seemed to have developed a respect for the sport. There are a few BASE/climbing types on the site who set things straight, and I've seen more than a few posts from our own Tom Aiello doing the same.

So take a look here http://rockclimbing.com/forums/newsearch.php and type in "BASE jumping" with the quotation marks.

If you decide to register and post, in order to correct something or add a comment, please play nice, as we need the climbing community on our side in the fight against our common foe who they refer to as, "the Tool" . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

(stuff snipped)

...please play nice, as we need the climbing community on our side in the fight against our common foe who they refer to as, "the Tool" . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I cannot stress enough how important it is to remember what NickD just said. They're our friends. As always, you're gonna see some who don't get it... but the overwhelming majority do.

Gardner

cheers nick
i may not be here today if not for an expert rock climber that came to my rescue after being left in a very bad spot half way up a 300ft cliff from a 180 cliff strike...the city rescue just wasn't cutting it!!! i am now takeing up climbing and love it and might make a full transition from base..base/climb to just full time climb(for many of my own reasons)
peace...dave..edge-ee base762