cloudsedge

B.A.S.E. Video DVD by Basic Research/Apex BASE

There's a new video on the market by Basic Research, it's called Around the World II. You can purchse it though various skydiving retailers such as Square One and Para Gear. You can also order it direct via Basic Research. Has anyone seen it yet, and if so.......any comments would great.

They sent a copy to our DZ, to see if we wanted to cary it. It's all right. Some good stuff to look at on there.
my only criticism is that it comes off as a big commercial. Maybe that was the intention, and it's not like that's a problem.

I like to see videos that fire me up to do some sick stuff. The world of BASE isn't like skating i.e. a bunch of teenagers who are like "Wow, i gotta get my parents to buy me that."

In my opinion, the best BASE videos are the ones with no agenda other than making other BASE jumpers go..."sick."

Douggs' "Mid Strife Crisis" is an excellent example.

-jimmy

I bought this dvd and liked it. I would have liked it more if there were some antena jumps. I have pretty much all of the base videos on the market and Around the World 2 is one of the better videos. I have always liked what Basic Research make as for gear and they did a good job in their video. The SuperBowl jumps were sweet. There's a behind the scenes section with Hollywood stunts that I loved, it really shows how professional the BASE community really is. There are no accidents or mishaps on the video but it shows BASE in a positive light, maybe we should send a copy to the land management and authorities, and then they will see that we are more than just renegades going for it!

Some things I would like to mention about the new BASE DVD Around the World II. The late Dwain Weston, Slim and Rob Tompkins are some of the jumpers in this video rippin it up with some sweet aerials. There was a comment made earlier about this video seeming to be commercial and with an agenda........not at all. It is compiled footage from Basic Research now Apex BASE. The footage is from many of their travels all over te world and Hollwood productions involving BASE jumps. So with that, yes....it's a BR product, but not once in the video is there a plug for a first BASE course, gear sales or anything else......just cool stuff that they have had oppertunities to be involved with. There is a really cool commentary option in the menu which allows you to hear Todd and Anne chat about what you are seeing.......it pulls you into the video because they explain what it took to organize and perform many of these jumps, plus they are telling you who you are watching, etc.......a cool feature indeed. You can purchae the DVD through Para Gear and Square One. Square One does not have it posted on their site yet, but you can call the 800#, it is listed on Para Gears site, Skydiving Magazine's site and Action Air. Many other small retailers are carrying it as well. It's only 30 bucks, and a cool DVD to add to your BASE video collection. Thanks for your support!

This is one of the the top 3 base videos in my collection... I love it all!... There is the part where they jump "the" stadium and after the first jumper you hear the crowd go crazy... I felt that energy through watching it... felt a tear even

VERy nice1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...