JaapSuter

DBS tuning and line integrity

Hi,

How many times can you change brake-settings before the steering line integrity is hurt beyond repair? I just changed my brake-settings for the second time, and of course this is no problem. Obviously one is careful to only unravel the bartacks and not touch the line itself.

However, there must be a limit to how often you can re-bartack your lines before it starts damaging them. Has this ever been an issue for anybody? I'm guessing it shouldn't take more than two or three tries to get a DBS right, and that this is no problem.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Jaap

p.s. I really hope somebody will post another message in between this and my last one, otherwise I'm going to own three threads at the top of the screen and officially become a post whore. :S

Usually, if I chew up the lines sorting out the right brake setting, I just replace the lower control lines once I find the right setting. In practice, this is because of the openings, though, not the resetting of the line. If you are careful about the stitch removal, I think you could probably change the brakes an awful lot without any problems.

On the other hand, you could just leave the old settings in without really creating any problems.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com