cpoxon

Pictures of the new Phoenix-Fly Vampire V-1 Wingsuit!

Here you go guys, what you've been waiting for, pictures of the new Vampire V-1 wingsuit from Phoenix-Fly. Also, some more details...

PHOENIX-FLY proudly presents VAMPIRE V-1

Vampire V-1 is the result of 6 years of experience in continuous wing suit development. Main goals in design of the Phoenix-Fly Vampire V-1 wing suit were:

· to be able to fly far and fast as possible (glide ratio over 3:1 is expected for the best wing suit flyers)
· to reduce drag and achieve the most efficient flight possible
· to improve control in turns and reduce yaw (side-slip) to a minimum

All these features are very beneficial for skydivers, and will allow them to hang out in the clouds for longer periods and have more controllable flock dives flown in tighter formations.
When it comes to WS BASE-jumps, Phoenix-fly Vampire V-1 wing suit is your natural choice because it is designed and extensively tested for BASE and SKYDIVING.

Main features of the PF Vampire V-1 wingsuit are:

Revolutionary 3D Computer Aided Design of the arm wing airfoil that also accounted for deformation of the airfoil in free fall due to aerodynamic forces. As a result, clean and smooth wing surface is maintained throughout the flight with further increase in lift and reduced drag. 3D wing profile is shaped for optimal arm position during flight which reduces stress on the flyers arms enabling longer flights. Also, wing trailing edge is moved up on the torso to reduce the angle of attack and to provide faster and easily controlled flight. Overall results are stunning and speed and glide ratio achieved in flight have never seen before in human flight.

Advanced leg wing design with increased leg wing surface area is reinforced with 6 semi rigid plastic ribs through the entire length of the wing, providing smother surface and stiffer airfoil. Leg wing trailing edge is reinforced with Dacron (black triangle on the lower surface). Leg wing leading edge is also reinforced with Dacron for extra stiffness and smoother shape, supported by one layer of the foam covered by F-111 on the inside. Air inlet of the leg wing has two central ribs and three cross braces to allow uninterrupted air flow in the wing.

Semi rigid plastic reinforcing ribs inside arms and leg wings are maintaining proper and stiffer airfoil in order to provide ultimate flight efficiency. Ribs are stitched directly to the basic wing ZP Balloon material through entire length of the wings.

New low drag materials - beside regular ZP Balloon used in previous wing suit designs, Vampire V-1 is for the firs time utilizing Dacron on the wing leading edges and on the leg wing trailing edge. Dacron, the most popular material for hang glider skin, is light, durable, and easy to shape, has low drag characteristics and better maintains desired airfoil shape.

Integrated arm wing sleeve design - arm wing sleeve is separated from the rest of the wing airfoil by mash. On the inside of the wing leading edge, Dacron is padded with light foam material covered with F-111, making arm wings easy to dress on and very comfortable to wear.

Redesigned wingtip grips - at the end of the arm wing are 27cm long wingtip grips. Main purpose is to allow for further increase in span and width of arm wings and to provide means for better flight control and steering. The angle of the handle is designed to provide optimum in flight arms position.

Wing release handles - are placed in front of the wing. They are easy to spot, reach and pull. Handles are loop type only (there is left and right handle). Last two wing - torso connecting loops are shorter in order to make pull procedure easier. Wing - torso connecting loops are also redesigned and streamlined.

Adjustable arm tension loop cord - allows for better fit of the arm wings.

Increased back deflector size - is providing smoother airflow over leg wing.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to fly one!

The Phoenix is rising! Order information will be on the website by the end of next week.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Wow, just awesome... I cannot wait until we can order them!!! I take that back... I can't wait until I'm screaming through the air in one B|...

:)
SBCmac

that just looks sick. wow. I hope it it up to the hype that is being brought.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

i hear no more than 100 than the SF3...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...