Gabo

Tension Knot

In addition to the direct and indirect control that I use, I too have started to use masking tape on the control lines. I've been doing 1 1/2 wraps of 3/4 inch masking tape about two inches from the top of the control lines. I've heard of others doing this, and then started doing it myself after watching some of JJ's openings at the Potato Bridge using the same set-up.

I only have 40 jumps (+/-) using the masking tape, but so far I'm very happy with it.

So for now, I use indirect control, direct control, and masking tape on every slider-up jump I make. Like Ray, I'm always learning, and therefore, always changing what i do...

Bryan

True, but the force that the canopy (via the suspension & steering lines) exerts on the slider is going to be more lateral than downward isn't it?

Actually, I suspect that it would be downward.

Look at it like this: As the canopy hits line stretch and the lower surface of the canopy begins to spread, the 4 grommets will be spread apart until the slider is fully tensioned and all four grommets will be as far apart as they can go. It's this action that pulls the slider out of the rubber band. Assuming that you stowed the apex of the slider in the rubber band, the force will be a downward pull rather than lateral.

Bryan

Quote:
True, but the force that the canopy (via the suspension & steering lines) exerts on the slider is going to be more lateral than downward isn't it?

It is Most Definatly Downward.

Bryan, dont be afraid of using more wraps of tape.
No joke, Try it.