TomAiello

Rock Dragon

Hey,

Has anyone jumped Vertigo's new Rock Dragon? I've talked to both Jimmy and Chris (from PA) about it a little, but haven't really heard anything about openings. Anyone tried it?

I understand Jimmy is bringing a demo up for Memorial Day, so maybe I'll get a shot at it then. On the other hand, his demo is a 240, so it won't be the best comparison (since I'll be overloading the canopy by a good bit).

Kudoz to Vertigo for helping push canopy development forward.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I'll give it go, it's in my size range.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Moi aussi. B|

I can't find any reference to it on their site. Can anyone fill me in a little on it?

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

I know that it's got a steeper angle of attack than the Dagger. It's also got valves on the bottom skin.

I think it was Vertigo's attempt to capture some of the "low and slow" market, for people who thought the Dagger was too swoopy.

I have a lot of respect for the technical skills of the folks involved in designing it, so I anticipate that it will be pretty good.

Other than that, I haven't got much info.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

We do have a new canopy out, haven't even started publicizing it yet. We've been testing it for about a year now. It is called the Rock Dragon. We needed a canopy that was designed specifically for sinking in approaches and a vent and valve system on the bottom skin for super quick sub-terminal and static line/pca openings. The testing has been going awesome and we have begun to allow others to jump it. We only have a 244 now and it will be available on a very limited basis over Memorial Day weekend.
Jimmy
Vertigo Base Outfitters

nice one sounds like a canopy im looking for,could people that gets to jump it please tell more about how they feel about it.:)

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

bumpeti bump,just sold my skydive gear,is this the canopy i needB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Waitin' on mine.

I'll give an update when I get it. Can't wait! B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon