Zennie

Mold & Mildew On Rigs

Today is Zennie question day. ;)

First of all, bad Zennie for letting his rig get in this state, but my rig, especially the lines, is beginning to smell musty. I believe that the lines have some mildew from getting wet all the time and me then leaving it my stash bag.

What sort of recommendations do people have for cleaning a musty rig?

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

Hey Zen!
Just cleaned my skydive rig - she has now regained her title as the sexiest rig on the planet!!!
Woolite in the bath tub for the container works amazingly well, but I had one issue that you won't have to deal with - forgot to take the repack cards out!! DOH!
As for lines and canopy - can't help you there! Remember the rig I used at BD? When I returned it, it too was musty - the Doc said it was not problem for him, he does same thing often and with no detriment to the equipment. But that's one opinion.
Cheers!

Hobbes: "How come we play 'War' and not 'Peace'?"
Calvin: "Too few role models."

Yo Nick! :)
Yep it sounds like woolite in the bathtub is the way to go. As far as hanging it up to dry goes... I may make building one of those canopy-lifter pulley thingies in my garage my weekend project. ;)

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

you lazy shit! take it out of the stash bag soon after the wet kit gets put in it!! this stops it!! hehehehehe ;):P

Any thoughts on cleaning your canopy, and especially the lines?

Does anyone know the UK version of Woolite?

C

Yeah, Woolight.

Just kidding. Most liquid detergents in the UK are an equivalent. For some reason US laundry products almost all contain bleach. Great for removing the brown stripes in your skivvies but not so great for your black, silk Welsh Lederhosen (this is not a personal attack on anyone who is black, the textile industry or men who blow on large, phallic alpine horns so please don't delete the post).

Isn't their a detergent for nappies called Snuggles or something? Anything you can use with babies is probably mild enough. Be sure to read the label just in case.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.