jimmyp

Moab Turkey Boogie 2003

Vertigo Turkey Boogie 2003

Who: Any jumper who has at least 30 BASE jumps and wants to jump a bunch of new areas in Moab.
What: Guided approaches to many new sites and revisiting many old favorites. Turkey dinner at the shop on Thursday evening.
Where: Moab Utah. If you arrive early, call the Vertigo shop upon your arrival in Moab and we will let you know what’s happening at that moment.
When: From November 27th through November 30th. Many jumpers are arriving early. If you are arriving early, we will help you hook up with other jumpers at that time. We will start guiding on Thursday morning. Meet at the McDonald’s parking lot at 7a.m.
Why: Because most people don’t have the time to find new exit points when they come here on vacation. We currently have about 70 exit points and about 1,198 to go. Last year the weather was perfect all day for the entire event, this is typically the best time of the year to jump, however 2 years ago we got shut down pretty hard by the winds. It is usually calm all day and the temperature is perfect (in the 60’s). It’s not a bad idea to come prepared with a Winter jacket and a rain jacket as well.
How much? This year we are charging a $25 boogie fee. We are giving $5 from each participant to the BLM this year for permits. Your money will get you all the free guiding you can handle, transportation by Coyote Shuttle on Saturday for Mineral Bottom, a Vertigo T-shirt, lunch at Mineral bottom on Saturday and a Turkey dinner on Thursday night (everyone brings a side dish).

Tentative schedule of events:

Thursday November 27th:
Meet at McDonald’s at 7:00a.m. for a convoy out to Day Canyon and possibly one other location.
Dinner will start at 6pm at the Vertigo shop. At this time you will have the option of choosing which adventures you will go on the following day.
Friday November 28th:
All participants will meet your group leader wherever and whenever they told you to the night before. Some destinations include Echo Canyon, Black Dragon Wash, Moonflower Canyon, Potash Road, Mill Creek, Fisher towers, the Rim wall, etc… Each guide will be moving on to additional locations throughout the day.
Saturday November 29th:
We will spend the day out at Mineral Bottom, a Unimog(military transport) will be shuttling jumpers up from the bottom all day. Jumpers will want to bring whatever you need for the day as it is a 30 minute drive back to the last gas station once you are there. Vertigo will be setting up the grill and serving burgers and hot dogs again.
Additional information:
There are many hotels(Motel 6 is offering a sweet deal to jumpers again-just mention that you are coming out for the Vertigo BASE jumping event (435) 259-6686), a hostel-which includes the Watermelon and Grandmother’s house (435) 259-6057, and spaces in some rental houses available. Camping is always an option here, but be prepared for some very cold nights. We will have fixed ropes set up at some of the more technical sites. For these, you will want jumars, slings and a harness(and everything else you need to jug) to access these sites. Some are only twenty foot sections that can be toproped(harness only) but one is a 100 foot vertical wall which requires a knowledge of ascent with jumars. We do not have any tower climbs/jumps planned at this time, but if anyone is interested in this type of specialty jump, please contact us prior to the boogie so that we can arrange climbing partners. We have some new sites and some great new adventures planned.
Thank you and we look forward to another great event.

Jimmy and Marta

Vertigo Base Outfitters
2710 So. Hwy. 191
Moab, Ut. 84532
Vertigobase.com
(435) 259-1085

This is definately one of the best places to be in November. Hopefully Donk won't get naked and craw in the refridgerator again this year.

I've gotta go back and climb/jump the jug-or-not again. Way cool leap. Hasta!
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

If any one in AZ is interested in going to the turkey boogie and would like a ride, the Bomb Proof crusing vessel will be heading up and there are still slots on available. The Crusing vessle is a 15 pasenger van equiped with a DVD/CD player. Not only is the DVD used to pass the time between sight's with over 100 movies to choose from, it's also used for video debreif. If we get enough people, the cost per person will be about $25.00 per person round trip. If interested, please contact us at [email protected]

Hey #428, excpect a far more sober and well prepared Spiderbaby this year running the "Jug or not" site in Moab. If they have the skills, we should be able to handle a few more jumpers than last year. (you have a slot at the front). See ya at Bridge Day baby!!!!
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

I always thought #428 was a man's man and you just told him he had a "slot at the front".

Fightin' talk where I come from...

Cya in Novemby boys.

S.B|
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Don't forget, I AM one of the founding fathers of GB (GB #4)....;)
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Jimmy,
My wife and I will be getting into Moab from KC on Tuesday night. There should be at least 8 of us from KC coming up (including wives & sig. others). I not sure, but I assume Donk has already started practicing his contortionist positions for the fridge! Dan and I are pumped about taking him out to Welshman's Walk. At 210' it's tha shiznit!

-Chris
BASE 837
http://www.donkandbonez.com/donkandbonez/

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Not started base yet but quite interested to do so soon. Just wanted to know what is the height range for the cliffs out there.

average.... 300 to 400 feet.

Get training and at least 30 jumps before thanksgiving and you're in.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto