base704

BASE Jumper Rescued

Ouch - not good publicity. Glad he's ok, in any case.

Peace,

D-d0g
+~+~+~+~
But this, surely, was the glory that no spirits, canine or human, had ever clearly seen, the light that never was on land or sea, and yet is glimpsed by the quickened mind everywhere.

WOW! Saw it on the news this morning. Totally freaked me out. I recognized a face that was making an attempt to cover itself.

Sorry dude!

Rhonda

Yo mad professor… P N B just wanted to let you know that we’re glad you’re okay… no flames… But you are definitely a superstar on the media back home… I got so irritated last night watching the news… every reporter felt it was their duty to give their own personal opinion of the "stunt"…. Kudos to you for having the huevos to live and explore your life outside of the bounds of normal pop culture life….and my sympathy to those reporters and media hounds who can’t see past that stupid moving picture box that they base their life on…

Punk N Bones

Classic....You made the Phoenix news. I'm jealous. I've always wanted to be the unidentified suspect that police are searching for:)

It also made Headline News and prompted some news reporters from Wisconsin to call me for a BASE jumper's perspective. I gave him the standard "if we were allowed to do this in National Parks and such, then we wouldn't have to do it at night where it's more risky....".

And to the misinformed Sheriff of King County who said it was a "bonehead stunt", did anyone not tell him that it's his JOB to rescue people, a job paid for by taxpayers. If the rescuers are concerned about risking their lives, they should find new jobs.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

I've always wanted to be the unidentified suspect that police are searching for.

I thought you were.;)

C-Ya in the land of the midnight sun.B|

"When it comes to BASE, I'll never give advice, only my opinion"

That's right Jason, Fire Fighters and that ilk are adrenaline junkies just like us. I guarantee you, getting on TV and rescuing a BASE jumper is the most fun those folks have had all year. I bet they even had a fist fight over who got to be the lucky dog who got to slide down the wire and be the first person to say hello! The media can go jump off a bridge, oh wait, that'd be to much fun..
"It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to make that big man cry"

Spiderbaby, you truly hit the nail on the head.
The first cop on scene thought it was "the coolest thing". The atmosphere during rescue was what could be described as subdued jubilance.

I'm fairly certain that 80% of the civil servants there showed up purely for their own entertainment.

Oh, and the news reports aren't entirely accurate.
There were only two jumpers, plus ground crew. No one "ran away". The second jumper sent ground crew away, as there was nothing they could contribute to the rescue and no sense in getting them in trouble.

At least that's what the guy covering his face told me.
;-)
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.

Mad Prof. ------
I'm so glad you are safe and sound. Remember, Despite the "Cost Of Living".........It's still quite popular. Hope you make it down to Mexico with us again this year, we had a great time with you last.

Jay E.
www.adrenalineexploits.com

http://basehound.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/cave-shot1.jpg