evilivan

Would you have STARTED BASE jumping if there was no risk?

OK, seems that the results of the other poll show that BASE jumpers need to challenge themselves and this played a part when they started BASE jumping. So, would have started in the first place if it was risk free, or would you all be trying to land wingsuits instead....?
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

I never weighed in on the last one, but yes I think I would have.

I think skypuppy is dead on in noting that risk & fear aren't necessarily directly proportional.

Like others have noted, you can't beat the visuals. And you get the visuals with risk or no risk. B|

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

That is to say, I would see BASE jumping in my (admittedly) very distant future if there were no risk.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Interesting. I said I'd definitely keep doing it, but I don't think I would've started. I'd have found something to do that could kill me. But I'd still keep doing it now. Now I'm confused. I think I peed my pants.

Base jumping! I think the only reason to get into it is for the fact it's so not risk free. That's the only reason I got into it. THE RUSH!!!