Yoshi

first base

looking to do my first BASE JUMP....I currently have 365 skydives, with no base gear though... I dont really know any base jumpers in my area, and I dont really want to have a high risk (of getting caught)....I am in the mid-west (IN) and jsut wondering where a good place to start to look might be... I could always wait until bridge day, but I am not completely sure I want to do it, and would like allot more information on when where how etc before I made the plunge.. any ideas?
-yoshi

but I am not completely sure I want to do it

Yoshi dude,

Not sure if you want to BASE jump, or not sure if you want to do your first jump at BD?

If you are not sure about BASE jumping, don't do it. You won't like it.:|

If you are not sure about making your first jump at BD, then try to hook up with some one around your area that can help you. Don't go at it alone.

Since you seem to be real concerned about getting caught, me too, BD or a FJC sounds like what you need.

Rod

well, I have always wanted to BASE (before I became a skydiver) and now I want to, but I dont as well. I want to because of the thrill and adrenaline rush, but dont because of all of the dangers involved... (not only physical, but if my wife found out she would kill me:$). I think it would be something I would do once or twice (or a full day) but not something that I would do consistantly... perhaps I should jsut make the trip to BD and see what its all about first had... I have had a few friends go and they had a blast...
-yoshi

I am in the mid-west (IN)

The Indy crew is pretty friendly. There are plenty of jumpers in your area. I'd post to BLiNC and ask there, or just wait around here for one of your locals who lurks this board (cue long string of one liners focusing on bodily functions).
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

what is BLiNC?
-yoshi
sorry for my ignorance this is my first visit to the base forum and I havent had a chance to read everything yet..

but if my wife found out

Hey,

Mine found out. I just blame it on her. After all, she got me into skydiving. I just went over the edge and started BASE. (I love you honey)

If she isn't in it, you will never be. Well, and still be married that is.

Mine excepts it, therefore I get to jump once a week from one of my several objects. She won't drive for me though.
I'd be curious as to how many married BASE jumpers out there whose wives, that don't jump, help them out.

I've heard other jumpers say if they got married, they'd quit jumping.

Anyway, you only want to make a couple jumps. Go to BD. That's all you'll get anyway.

Rod

what is BLiNC?

BLiNC is the home of the BASE Board and the primary on-line home of most BASE jumpers (including myself).

I'd definitely read through everything over there before posting. The atmosphere can be a bit intimidating.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Dear Mr Aiello's son Tom,

Thank you for the intro. I'd like to point out in my defence that I have indeed quit the one-liners and I'm currently playing by the rules. I can't help the bodily function / fluid thing though.

Yoshi, Email me and we'll squawk.

[email protected]
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

I've heard other jumpers say if they got married, they'd quit jumping.

please dont say thats true!!! :o

oh and in conjunction with my learn'ed friend Mr J. Skin D'la 'flicka i also am refraining from the singular liners!

"dont let them bring you down!"

B|

please dont say thats true!!! :o

Yep Mac, I'm affraid it is. Touchy subject, I know.

later,

Rod