sducoach

This is the day

Okay, After healing up from the broken wrist at the Texas State Record jumps, I'm heading out this morning for our End Of Summer Boogie. I'm running the RW competition and working my first, yes first, Birdman jump in today.

More tonight!

Thank you Chuck and NealDiamond for your help and advise!

Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8

;)Chuck tole me to say that. He thought you would take all the credit.

Okay, here goes.
One hour of hooking up the suit, practice pulls, emergency procedures, and alot of sweat. Finally time to go. Uppers cranking at 80kts, four way group, three freeflyers, one tandem. Everyone exits and it's just me. I take one look at the pilot who has this big grin on his face because the "old man" is looking like a first jump student.

Out the door, hit a good delta and watch the King Air turn away, out come the wings, and the whole world seems to stop. Two practice pulls, one left 90 degree turn then look at the altimeter and I'm still sitting at 11.K. Brain shock as I exited just over 12K. Tracking across the wind line, looking at the airport, right 180 turn, check the airport and my old skydiver mind and clock is not believing my eyes. Two more 180's four more sets of practice pulls, altitude check and I realize I'm yelling my head off. One more turn towards the airport, 6K slow down, pull at 5.5K, opening seems more like a hop & pop with everything coming out behind me. Spectre opens great and I'm still yelling. Unzip, had a little trouble getting the booties off but I'm sailing back.

One of the most awesome feelings in years. A "few" more and I'll be ready to start to learn what this thing can do! Hooked, Now I need "Lou" and Chuck to sneak out to the midwest for some serious lessons!

Thanks to all for your help!!!!

Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8