ifics

Tony space suit?

Does anyone here use it? It says its a bit of a snug fit compared to the other freefly suits so you don't float during transitions. I am in the market for a suit and I weigh 165lbs. I am guessing that I don't need something baggy but nothing super tight. If you do use the space suit, would you recommend it?

ifics? of Skydive Houston.....

Well, you are in luck my friend....
Would you like to try the suit?

I also own the Tony stock freefly suit very much like the one in my avatar.... LOL. Both stock suits I own by total accident and its a long story. Ordinarily I wouldnt pick Tony suits as an off the top of my head freefly suit maker of note.

I have a Kruppee and a black leather suit that you can try. The trouble with the leather one is that it adds about 15 pounds to your exit weight, other than that it is hot. Real hot. The maker and I took about a year on the plans... I totally forgot about weight. I was pouring all over the freeflying details and eliminating the snag factors. It was all done by emails, letters and drawings, so....

Read the Tony site description of the suit via the link you have and that is about it. It isnt baggy but isnt tight. The suit I have on in the avatar pic ... (I uploaded a better pic of the suit ).... its faster. Its my fastest suit. Its my favorite suit... the material is thinner than the Space Suit one. It used to be featured on the Tony site, but its been a while. Also the Space suit isnt exactly the 'latest'. I have had mine about 4 years.

I have never seen anyone with a Space Suit other than me. I sit and I have had no problems with speed +/- in the space suit or in any suit so its hard for me to say whats the deal. I fly any of them about the same. Except the leather suit, thats going to be real different and I havent jumped it yet. I have a list of conditions I need to jump it and one is winter.

The only time I did have a problem flying was when I jumped without a suit. I was added at the last second and I opted for the dive meeting instead of suit up time. We trained the exit with Trent in front and Levin on tail. It took me the majority of the dive to find my freakin air space. :( ... it was major suckage, funny, horrible and beautiful all at the same time. In the footage I am laughing my ass off. Zak really really really looked like a monkey, I swear.

You can try any of my suits. They will be a very near fit. I am 5'8" so I need long legs. It could be if you really like one you are welcome to it. Except the dang leather one and that was comp'ed at $825.

I can catch up with you at the dz sometime or send them out via Levin. I havent been to the dz in a long while so you havent met me, yet.

I will save Levin the post - he will say get a Firefly.

~AirAnn~

Hola! I have yet to meet you but I am sure that wont last long, I spend every spare moment I have at the DZ. I was out there Friday but NOOOOOOO the weather had to be bad. I waited at home on the edge of my seat but NOOOOOOO it had to stay nasty. I wake up this morning the day I have to work and behold the weather is P E R F E C T ! ! ! ! ! ! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( Now that thats out of the way. I would like to try the space suit on, I am not going to have money to buy a suit for awhile though[:/] I just ordered a rig, reserve and in the process of getting a main and cypress. I am about as broke as any one could be. Thank you for your input though and I hope I will get a chance to meet ya one day soon. :)

Ahhh, at the DZ waiting on sucker holes. ... I have many fond memories of major trouble we used to get into while bored at the dz.... (Not me, I was just there). :o

The all time favorite award goes to SuperDave.
The first winter SpaceLand had and a raining day, SuperDave butt surfed the standing water on the landing area with a controllable kite. He butt surfed the entire landing area on a north wind or two. He ended up the surf by hitting a crawfish hole and doing some filps over by the far southwest pond. Seriously, our sides hurt from laughing.

Anyway, I will catch up with you. If not Brittany or Levin will bring you my suits. No worries on buying a suit right away if we can help it. Buying gear and jump tickets at the same time is stressful on a skydiver.

Rainey Day Idea::
If that space suit fits (or not) we can rip it apart and use it as a base pattern. I have zero problem with that. I have tons of different types of velcro for legs, arms and neck. You buy the thread and [proper] material, come by the house and BAM you got a suit. Its just that easy. B|

~AirAnn~