goobersnuftda

New Photoshop CS5 feature that is for SKYDIVING !!!

I'm just playing around with the new CS5 suite and I came across this little kewl feature they put in Photoshop.

I'm not a big fan of the fisheye effect picture, after picture... a few times is fine but not all the time. Granted you get a much wider field of view and can get more events "in frame" but seeing the horizion of the world looking like a marble gets old real fast.

This new feature takes info from the EXIF of your picture then it has a feature to try and correct for the type of lens you have. You loose a little bit on the edges but if you download the following pictures to your computer then scrub though them back and forth quickly, WOW, what a difference.

They have an on line data base that will grow the more people add to it but you can do all these changes manually if you wish. Adjust for Vinette, Chromatic Aberration and Geomatric Distortion.

The following pictures were taken on a Canon Digital Rebel XT and Sigma 15mm Fisheye.

That's f'n cool... Makes a $500 look like a prime zeiss lens. Bad ass.

Canon 10-22 costs $700 and has no fisheye. :P

Defishing solutions have been around for a long time, but I guess it is cool to have them integrated so readily into PS.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com