Liemberg

Canon powershot tx1

As this "hybrid" probably has the same issues as all other "hybrids" (not particularly good in any of the seperate tasks it combines) I haven't put my hopes up too strong, but I'm looking at it right now as maybe a viable option for handcamera.

Anybody here that has some experience with this camera? Anybody that has some experience with camera's that utilise memory cards?

This one supposedly can do 720p / 30 frames per second video, but it would fill a 4 GB card in 14 minutes. However, that is just about the amount of footage one would need for a tandemjump, sooo...

Any comments would be welcomed.

And yes, handcam with tandems is going to kill the sport, drive all serious videoflyers out of business and produces rotten video B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5T2hNYAXKI

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Review footage of the cam is very poor; it's a low-quality MJPEG encoder (ancient technology) and more importantly, is seriously resampled imagery. So while it delivers 1280 x 720 on disc, it's double sampled to give you that "HD" resolution. Kinda like how Panasonic resamples 960 x 540 to deliver 1920 x 1080 on their small HD camera; it sucks.
The little Canon is aimed at mom/pop that want to deliver a little video, but focus (no pun intended) on stills of lil' Johnny. It's a niche cam. Try it for tandems, I'll bet it doesn't work.
You nailed it; it's a hybrid. Not good at either format.
That said, you need 14 mins of storage for a tandem vid?

you need 14 mins of storage for a tandem vid?

Anything longer will send my editor into a frenzy - he aims at 7 to 8 minutes tandemvideo's and hates it when he has to look at too much footage ;)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...