bluntscull

Top Mount My PC 120

I want to top mount a PC 120 on a hawlkeye. I really like the cage style mount made by Aerial Focus but they don't make one for a PC 120, plus they just moved to Hawaii and won't be in production of anything for a while. Besides the D-box, (which I know are good products) what is working well for top mounting a PC style camera? Is there another cage style mount that can accomidate a PC 120? It is not a popular mounting style at my DZ. Everyone side mounts here.
Thanks
BH in Alaska
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
save trees, eat squirl

you can always try a shark fin/vertical mount plate. I have seen several video guys using these like a roll cage, as the fin sticks up higher than the cam itself (double check before you buy your specific one).
they just drill a hole thru not only the helmet, but also the plate and mount it all as once piece.

Did they say when they would resume production? I was looking into a PC5 roll cage myself, but hadnt ordered it yet.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I spoke with Tom Sanders of Aerial Focus by phone on this topic the first week of February. According to Tom, they have Roll Cages for the Sony PC Models 1-10 and 100. He added that they do not intend to produce the Roll Cages for the newer model Sony PCs. As a result, the PC101 and 120 do not have an available Roll Cage. They have a model for the PC5; it is a great product, and there is supposed to be a discount at this time. Recommend that you check out the Aerial Focus website.

Regards,

SkyDogg