damion75

Points differential - Tunnel v. Freefall

I am trying to work out if there is a way to (roughly) convert the speed that a team works in the tunnel to the speed that they will be able to achieve in freefall. Obviously I mean point scoring speed, not vertical speed!

It would have to take into account a lack of exit / slow scoring due to the hill. But that wouldn't be too hard to figure. I am thinking more about the effect of the differences between the tunnel and the sky:

The extra references in the tunnel have to help speed

Keeping tight because of the tunnel walls also probably helps

Extra space in the sky would probably help speed on some blocks (1,2,4 etc)

Air quality always seems smoother in the sky = easier levels and verts = more points. Maybe!

Thoughts? :S

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

I would guess that for different teams at different levels, the "scoring speed" could go either way.

For our team - Mass Defiance - we definitely score better in the air. The tunnel the so unforgiving to our team having 3 6+ footers. We are forced to make very precise moves and fix them before we can key a formation, and it sometimes takes time to get back on balance. In the air, we can slide around the sky a bit while clicking through. I know it doesn't sound pretty, which is why I suspect that a 19+ average team might have the opposite experience.

-jim